Active Topics

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, España
Originally Posted by bertjefred View Post
Installed on tablet and running like a charm on first look.
Thank you bertjefred!, that is much appreciated!

Regards,

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
I'm bored of the whiney thread. Let's get this one going again. #jtabclub

Anyone else find their tablet turns itself off occasionally if it's not connected to the charger for a few hours, especially overnight? I sometimes pick mine up and it's off, but when I boot it there's plenty of charge left. It's also a bit unwilling to come on, and connecting it to a charger seems to help.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
What you could do is use a small script to create a log of the power usage; that way you can see how it behaves when not in use.

I run this from cron every 30 minutes in my device:

Code:
[nemo@Jolla ~]$
[nemo@Jolla ~]$ cat bin/powerlog.sh
#!/bin/bash

battery=$(upower -d | grep percentage | awk '{print $2}')
date=$(TZ='Europe/Helsinki' date "+%d.%m.%Y %H:%M")
echo "$date  -->  $battery"
[nemo@Jolla ~]$
[nemo@Jolla ~]$

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Basil's System Monitor app should give a good idea of battery levels. That has a daemon that records a week's worth of levels in a database. I built it for x86 but the battery level wasn't working. Luckily, CODeRUS had given the correct battery device name in an issue, so it works now on my github. I suppose the Cell traffic output should be disabled and hidden on non-GSM devices too.

I've not pushed to openrepos before, but I'll give it a go.

Edit: I've uploaded it, and sent a PR to basil with the changes that should find the correct battery device on each device. If he publishes it himself then I'll remove it.

https://openrepos.net/content/abrans...tablet-edition

Last edited by abranson; 2016-02-15 at 22:49.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Also did a build of warehouse, though the source on Github wasn't the very latest.

https://openrepos.net/content/abrans...e-jolla-tablet

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
So my system monitor output shows CPU usage of 78% when idle, which disappears when it resumes so I haven't been able to see which process is doing it. The detail is all in the 'system processes' category.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Hi. Just reposting from another thread as it was suggested this thread is more appropriate. I agree. Also, hope to get mine this week.

Question for those of you that have gotten a tablet. Are you able to down load apps from Jolla store? Are they the same as phone apps? If so how do they scale on screen. Same question wrt android apps. Thanks!

EDIT: If you see some interesting differences, some screen shots might be good to show.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Are you able to download apps from Jolla store?
Yes.

Originally Posted by mscion
Are they the same as phone apps? If so how do they scale on screen.
Yes and No - The Apps are the same Apps, but they have to be compiled to .noarch/.i486 AFAIK to work and also to be shown in the Jolla Store on the Tablet. Because of that there are many Apps not avialiable for the Jolla Tablet which are avialiable for the Jolla Phone.
Well I am not an app developer but you/an app developer has also to adjust his App-UI so the App will automatically work on (any) bigger screen size.

Originally Posted by mscion
Same question wrt android apps. Thanks!
It seems that all the Android Apps in the Jolla Store on the Phone are also shown in the Jolla Tablet Store. But on a quick look I noticed that e.g. the Android App 'Punainen Risti' is shown in the Phone Store but is not avialiable in the Tablet Store. Maybe some Apps are not shown because they are not compatible with Android 4.4 on which the Alien Dalvik on the Tablet is based on.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
blimey its a bit quiet in here

Has any one got USB (OTG) working on their tablet?

I have a sandisk 64GB USB (OTG) pen drive - USB one end and Micro USB OTG on the other. Ive also tried a USB OTG converter to a small USB pendrive and no joy

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zenecho For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
usb otg works just fine. but didnt tried such big usb drives, only small ones. i need to mount it manually.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfishos