Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
The N950 has a less powerful vibration motor than the N9, resulting in barely felt haptic effects. So I opened the ivt files with MOTIV Studio (downloaded from here) and ramped up the values a bit. Where the values were already to the max, I upped the duration a bit. The result is a less refined but stronger haptic experience on the N950. I believe it is better than the Harmattan Beta values which are just a flat vibration.

Thanks to arcean for pointing to the files that need to be edited.
P.S. If you want stronger haptics on your N9 you could try this also, it should work.

Unzip the attachment and replace /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/feedbacks folder with it's contents, and reboot.
Attached Files
File Type: zip feedbacks.zip (336.4 KB, 111 views)

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
The N950 has a less powerful vibration motor than the N9, resulting in barely felt haptic effects. So I opened the ivt files with MOTIV Studio (downloaded from here) and ramped up the values a bit. Where the values were already to the max, I upped the duration a bit. The result is a less refined but stronger haptic experience on the N950. I believe it is better than the Harmattan Beta values which are just a flat vibration.

Thanks to arcean for pointing to the files that need to be edited.
P.S. If you want stronger haptics on your N9 you could try this also, it should work.

Unzip the attachment and replace /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/feedbacks folder with it's contents, and reboot.
thanks qwazix! going to try out now

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Thanks a million!! Will try it now!

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Tested, works great, thanks!

Though it doesn't work with Swype... is it possible to enable the better haptic feedback using swype? It's my primary vkb

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Tested, works great, thanks!

Though it doesn't work with Swype... is it possible to enable the better haptic feedback using swype? It's my primary vkb
I always wondered why the haptic feed back on swype wasn't as good as the normal keyboard. It just doesn't feel as finely tuned. Would be fantastic to tweak it so it was the same.

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
works good! Id love it if we could have feedback more, like when you push a button and shortcut....

Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
I always wondered why the haptic feed back on swype wasn't as good as the normal keyboard. It just doesn't feel as finely tuned. Would be fantastic to tweak it so it was the same.

slaapliedje
Its because Swype is a CPU hog and there is a delay between you pressing it and it sending a vibration due to lag

Need to refine their code, if only it wasn't closed source, we could tweak their codes

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
I have just Added Haptic Feedback to Launcher Shortcuts

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post: