Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
/off-topic but related to N9

One thing baffles me.

I got N900 on 2009 Christmas and one of the first things what I loved was ability to get cursor hand in Microb if you swipe off-screen to on-screen from lower left side/corner. Also ability to get history view if you swipe from right off-screen to on-screen btw. I voted bugzilla entry that suggested Nokia to give us option to change it to simply back button functionality :|.

Of course I thought that there will be all kinds of apps that use this kind functionality of user interaction from off to on-screen. Stupid me So is this functionality hard-coded inside Microb or what is going on? Now people are talking about how N9 has new kind of usability approach and I´m just thinking that WTF, that should have been possible with N900 couple of years ago.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Isn't that the whole point? Protecting the hardware? So far, Microsoft and Apple are suing HARDWARE manufacturers, instead of suing Google directly. So, by BEING a hardware manufacturer now--one which Microsoft has already started sabre-rattling and threatening already, Google can finally have its opportunity to protect the platform properly.

Also, I do believe that that is the INTENTION--for manufacturers to go off and spin off their own Android variations. Honeycomb was the weird exception to that philosophy (until Ice Cream combines it all together again).

We have to wait and see. I'm not too optimistic, there sure will be some strings attached to any "protection" offered by Google.

Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
I dont get why they didnt bought Nokia. Cheaper?, vighet marketshare, more patents, plus that would kill win7 for sure.
Nokia has $5-6 Billion cash to begin with...the value of its patents coupled with their dumbphone market + smartphone is huge.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Confederatio Helvetica
Orange Switzerland has removed the launch date (was September 15):
http://shop.orange.ch/en/invt/10060090/?log=4

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by selfish_russian View Post
It's effing drives me crazy. God damn, Nokia, just release this phone!
Now is not the time to act selfish. They will release it when it's ready.

The Following User Says Thank You to blipnl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by blipnl View Post
Now is not the time to act selfish. They will release it when it's ready.
If M$ eats Nokia (like G did for M) they may cancel this jewel...

The Following User Says Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by zfarooq View Post
Nokia has $5-6 Billion cash to begin with...the value of its patents coupled with their dumbphone market + smartphone is huge.
Still much better.

Nokia will not be sold, people don't realize the sheer size of Nokia. It is HUGE and it's patent portfolio is RIDICULOUS, and i do mean absolutely ridiculous. The smartphone division is just one entity, and it's the one that Nokia is getting most flak for. Nokia will be finnish forever.
I mean there's navteq, the s40 division, dumbphones, nokia-siemens, there's the trolltech qt that they acquired, and the list goes on and on.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotnikkelz For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
the WP community is watching us and laughing
http://www.wpsauce.com/2011/08/steph...criticism.html

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
the WP community
I believe this is where they hold their meetings:

My website

GitHub

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????