Notices

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Broken Sword 2:

I noticed that I couldnt get to ScummVM menu when played BS2, so I couldnt save game. Havent tryed BS1 yet.

BS1 doesnt save either. You cant type save games name and it wont save. Also autosave of Scumm wont work.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
use zoom keys to write game name (like a,aa,ab,... :-)
bs1 works, bs2 not yet, search this forum for bs1 or broken sword for whole story

Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
use zoom keys to write game name (like a,aa,ab,... :-)
bs1 works, bs2 not yet, search this forum for bs1 or broken sword for whole story
Thanks I wish I have known yeasterday, now I have to start again..

I did finnish Playstation version of that game years ago.. Remember that it was quite hard.. atleast for me. But different persons at that game are fun and chat with them.

fanoush: Thank you, great work! I finished BS1 without troubles on N800. Then installed BS2 and noticed that second mouse button won't work, and also that it is not possible to enter letters in save game names, so saving does not work. I hope that you'll also fix that one

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
BS2 is different engine and I'm still playing BS1 and don't have space on card for BS2 too. This means I cannot test whether keymapping changes for BS2 are correct or not. If you are impatient I guess I can do it blindly and let you test it.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
BS2 is different engine and I'm still playing BS1 and don't have space on card for BS2 too. This means I cannot test whether keymapping changes for BS2 are correct or not. If you are impatient I guess I can do it blindly and let you test it.

Hi, yes I would like to play some BS2, so let's do it like that. Let me know when you have test version ready.

Thanks!

Just a thought.
It would be great if we could do custom per game button mappings.
For instance, it appears that Indy 3, the last crusade needs buttons for boxing (numeric keypad on the PC).
I know we're running out of buttons on 770 to map. :-)
I'm thinking of per game config files (or one file with sections for each game) that you can edit, not preconfigured compiled in bindings.

I'm a command line guy, so no need/desire for a GUI key mapper. :-)

I haven't tried you're custom version of scummvm yet, but I didn't notice anything about Indy 3 in it.

I'll try it with some of the other games tho. Thanx!!!
desiv

p.s. Actually, what the 770/800 needs is a pop up, manually triggerable, preferably transparent, virtual keyboard. IMHO. :-)

Wow. I hadn't seen the xkbd version for the 770.
(I had seen info on using it for remote X)

That looks great!

So, I take it I need the load applet run thing to launch it? That might be a retorical question. I'm on a PC now with no WiFi around, so I'll have to wait to test it.

Those pics in the thread look great. I'll let you know if the numbers work in Indy3 (the faq for Indy3 said numeric keypad, so???)

Thanx!!!!

desiv
update - xkbd won't install on my 770 w/ it2006. i'll check dependencies next....
update 2 - Got it! Had to apt-get libxpm4 first.
Boxing in indy 4 works!!!
using xkbd now!

Last edited by desiv; 2007-08-03 at 22:05.