Posts: 53 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Australia
Originally Posted by merlin1991 View Post
It appears that dpkg randomly decides not to place the init file if it got removed earlier (it did this once out of 5 times on my device) thus I adjusted the steps for if you're on 3.1 and the problem still persists:

Code:
dpkg --purge --force-all ke-recv
apt-get install ke-recv
dsmetool -b
If for some strange reason, the above code has not resolved the issue, nor has Estels code in post #565, you could try as a last resort the following:

Code:
apt-get install ke-recv=3.19-13+0m5
reboot
Note that this was a solution provided by merlin1991 as a last resort. It installs the pr1.3 version of ke-recv. From what I understand this is undesirable, and will possibly/probably cause issues with future releases of the cssu. However, it did work for me.

Perhaps check with merlin1991 on #maemo-ssu prior to executing these commands, or at the very least post here so the developers know that there are people running the pr1.3 version of ke-recv.

As a final note, if any person that knows more/develops the cssu thinks this advice is wrong please advise and I will remove the post straight away

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge, especially to merlin1991, Estel and juz. I'm facing that drive-mounting problem and hope to solve it with your help (once my screen becomes reactive to tactile inputs, what is really weird). Wish to have keyboard activation for all tactile commands!).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zentenario For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
For people, that are still having problems, despite following merlin's latest instructions - executing following commands will fix it for sure (execute everything as root):
Code:
rm -f /etc/init.d/ke-recv
apt-get install ke-recv
mkdir /home/ke-recv-temp
dpkg-deb -x /var/cache/apt/archives/ke-recv_3.19-15_armel.deb /home/ke-recv-temp/
mv /home/ke-recv-temp/etc/init.d/ke-recv /etc/init.d/
rm -r -f /home/ke-recv-temp
dsmetool -b
Thanks a ton, the other fixes didn't seem to be correcting the issue, but this 'brute-force' replacement of the ke-recv fixed my problem with cssu 3.1.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gripen40k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2012 @ PARIS France
Hello,
This still does not work.
There toujour "Not Found" No Such file or ...
Thank you for your help.
Cordially.

Last edited by Pierre0361; 2012-04-10 at 19:47. Reason: traduction

Hello,
When we look for the memory, he wrote:

failed to execute child process "gnome-mount" (No such file or directory)

Thank you for your help.

Hello,
I understood the problem. For this site, I use an automatic translator.
It does not reflect well the codes because of the spaces and dashes. We must not translate the pages where there are codes, it's different.
Suddenly it works again by noting that way.
My problem may serve to people who do not speak English.
I used the codes on page 56.
Thank you for your help.
Pierre0361

Originally Posted by Pierre0361 View Post
Hello,
I used the codes on page 56. Pierre0361
Which code?!
I am still having problems. No memory for my N900

I'm not an expert (I know, I shouldn't have downloaded the CSS testing) but I've tried every code in this thread but I still haven't solve the problem. No music, no photos, no videos AND NO BACKUPS.

Can someone help me?!

Thank you very much.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
ok for everyone experiencing problem of NO memory follow as this post says

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=562

or this
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=565

if u r still experiencing problems re flash your phone and install cssu.

Last edited by visN900; 2012-04-10 at 23:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to visN900 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juz View Post
If for some strange reason, the above code has not resolved the issue, nor has Estels code in post #565
What exactly doesn't work in method from post #565? You're moving ke-recv manually there, so, what happens after reboot? /etc/init.d/ke-recv exist, but doesn't work, or what?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
What exactly doesn't work in method from post #565? You're moving ke-recv manually there, so, what happens after reboot? /etc/init.d/ke-recv exist, but doesn't work, or what?

/Estel
Estel,

My linux level is relatively low, so I cannot fully explain my experience. But I will try anyway, keep in mind this happened just (perhaps an hour or so) before you authored post #565. So I haven't explicitly tried your directions, but as I understand it would not work for me anyway.

I experienced the failure to mount issue along with others. After I tried the suggestions on the forum at the time (with none working), I headed to #maemo-ssu to ping merlin1991 as per his instructions in post #550.

Merlin1991 gave me a huge amount of assistance trying to get my n900 to mount mydocs & sdcard. As I understand, we managed to install and have running all the corrext files/programs including the latest ke-recv. As you said above, ke-recv was present and running. Yet my phone still failed to work.

As a last resort to get my phone back into working order merlin1991 suggested to install pr1.3 ke-recv as per the instructions I posted in #571. And it worked. I haven't done anything else since.

If you want further information perhaps chat to merlin1991 on freenode, and please let me know if I can provide further information or if I should file a bug report or remove post #571.

I hope this explains my situation to you.

Justin.

PS. A huge thank you to merlin1991 for helping to get my phone back up and running, and of course to everyone developing the cssu.

The Following User Says Thank You to juz For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing