Notices

Before PR1.2 I used USSD widget to view my accont balance. It was silently updating its information once an hour and it suited me perfectly. But after the PR1.2 update every time USSD-widget makes a query, I have a pop-up on the screen. It is rather annoying. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? Perhaps there's a way to disable USSD back?

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
ussd works with regular phone now.

II think, that this could be considered as a bug in their realization of ussd. I bet, that they don't have proper locking too.

Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
ussd works with regular phone now.
It works, but to make regular USSD query I need to open dialling pad, enter a number and wait for an answer. I prefer USSD-widget functionality: at any time I can check my balance just looking at the desktop.

If you want normal USSD support, vote for this bug:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10353

Well, if nokia didn't implement anything to disable these boxes we can edit
usr/lib/librtcom-call-ui.so.0
and replace all com.nokia.csd.SS.USSD substrings with something like com.nokia.csd.SS.DSSU, this will break USSD support in 1.2, but we will not receive this annoying box any more. Next step would be add a small daemon, which would listen for com.nokia.csd.SS.USSD signals and emit com.nokia.csd.SS.DSSU signals only when we want it to do. This would fix nokia USSD implementation.
P.S. I hope, that there is a normal way to solve this issue.

Here is specially broken librtcom. It segfaults, when tries to show message. rtcom-call-ui restarts automatically, so this is OK.
Replace you librtcom with this and break USSD implementation from nokia, so as not to be annoyed with their messages.

In SVN you can find qussd and ussdd.py, together tey replace nokia's ussd implementation. qussd is reimplementation of ussd-pad in QT. If QT for maemo didn't have silly limitation of 73px push button height, it would even look good.
ussdd.py handles incoming USSD sessions and, if nobody wants to handle them qussd is launched. So it allows to ented USSD queries from phone application too. It also allows to hadle network initiated USSD sessions.

https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scm...ot=ussd-widget

Now I need to modify ussd-widget to work properly with ussdd.py and package all this stuff.

I would also appreciate, if anybody would suggest a way to calculate, how many users would use this implementation instead nokia's.
Attached Files
File Type: gz librtcom-call-ui.so.0.0.0.tar.gz (300.0 KB, 102 views)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KiberGus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by KiberGus View Post
Here is specially broken librtcom...
I just did it. Being an old-time macuser, I could replace this lib. Quick after that I got a yellow banner saying something like "Internal error. Phone application will be closed" (in Russian).
Widget works perfectly as before PR1.2.

Quick dial *100# in the Phone dialpad brought no result at all. (expected outcome: This new modal window bringing the result of USSD query). It just shows up window "making a query" with yellow puck going left-right-left in the progress bar. And then it goes back as if I did no query at all.

Rebooting didn't help.

Is it OK? I would prefer the widget and an optional "manual" query in the dialpad to live separately and independently.

Originally Posted by atikin View Post
I just did it. Being an old-time macuser, I could replace this lib. Quick after that I got a yellow banner saying something like "Internal error. Phone application will be closed" (in Russian).
Widget works perfectly as before PR1.2.

Quick dial *100# in the Phone dialpad brought no result at all. (expected outcome: This new modal window bringing the result of USSD query). It just shows up window "making a query" with yellow puck going left-right-left in the progress bar. And then it goes back as if I did no query at all.

Rebooting didn't help.

Is it OK? I would prefer the widget and an optional "manual" query in the dialpad to live separately and independently.
It is too hard to change nokia's implementation. So there is no way to see pop-up dialogs, that were introduced in 1.2. But I've written application (currently it is named qussd and ussdd.py), which listens for incoming queries and shows up, when needed. If you install them, you would get ability to make queries through phone app again. Currently these applications are only in svn. I think you can expect them in extras-devel by the end of this week.

The Following User Says Thank You to KiberGus For This Useful Post:
First version of USSD4all for PR 1.2 is ready. You would get it if you update USSD-widget. This release allows you to get rid of pop-up messages. You still would be able to make queries through specialized application (qussd, remake of USSD-pad) and through phone application.
P.S. You need to remove USSD-pad. May be you need remove USSD-widget to update it too. It seems, that you need to reboot the phone after installation.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KiberGus For This Useful Post: