Notices

Hexi is a very simple tool for hard- or software developers. You can toggle one of 32 buttons, each of them representing a bit in a 32 bit value. The value is presented in hex, dez and binary.

http://m-kress.de

I created this mainly to get to know something about Qt. For this you need some simple task to solve: To avoid simple errors at work, when I have to quickly configure some registers for example of a uC or another IC, the idea for such a tool was born.

Now the app itself is done and packaged as deb. What remains to do is to package it again for extras-devel, so anybody can see it in there. This is a task, I'm not very interested in. The packaging system seems to be quite complicated without debian-tools and installed scratchbox. If anybody is interested to have this in extras-devel you are very welcome to do so!

Have fun!

The Following User Says Thank You to ibins For This Useful Post:
I was going to package it for extras but it seems qt-creator didn't do the debian/rules (and debian/control) file for your source package.

Basically packaging for extras is nothing special if you know how to compile the project from command line but right now I don't have the time to look into QTCreator to see if it can be made to do this properly (this is one thing I hate about "these fancy IDEs", you can only compile the project if you happen to use the same IDE [and in worts case same plugins] as the developer)

The Following User Says Thank You to rambo For This Useful Post:
I've uploaded it and shall let you know if it passes the autobuilder. Unless you just want the compatible source to upload yourself?

I failed miserably.

Last edited by Reffyyyy; 2011-07-03 at 16:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 100 | Thanked: 543 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Kiev, Ukraine
ibins, thanks. But packaging is a pretty simple in debian/maemo, and latest QtCreator makes automatically all packaging (even uploading to extras) for you.

@rambo: Thanks for trying! I completely agree with you about all this automagical generating wonder-tools and IDEs. Personally i despise all this buttons called "build all". Whenever a tool created a "project"-file I got lost somewhere along the line.

On the other side: Without the comfortable QT Creator I would have never achieved anything else apart from a hello-world program running in a shell. The fact, that the Makefile generated by QT Creator is about the same size than all the C++ Code, speaks for itself :-)

@Reffyyyy: Thank you, too! But: autobuilder? upload compatible source? You failed in what? I have no clue, what you could mean :-)

@divan: The dep package is indeed done by QT creator. In this dep is the binary, the icon and the .desktop file. Maybe I am wrong, but is the extras (or extras-devel) package not supposed to include the sources, too? Maybe I have tomatoes on my eyes but I can't find anything regarding some automatically upload to the repo in QT Creator.

@all: However, the fact that anyone was interested at all in an upload to extras is encouraging enough for me to look into this again tomorrow.
Maybe I just gave you the wrong source files? I know nothing about how QT Creator is working, so I also uploaded the Hexi-build-maemo directory. Maybe there are more useful files in it?