not that this is a glitch or anything...

but i wish from the lock screen you could swipe and go instantly to the most recent app (hate how the app keeps minimizing once the screen is timed out... maybe the swipe from the left/right should go to recent app rather than ambience favourites)

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@toki
You can vote here and make yourself heard by Jolla: https://together.jolla.com/question/...st-active-app/

My facebook icon has disappeared from above the twitter icon somehow. The account seems to be online and chat works fine too. I'm mainly using the friends app to view facebook so it's not a big thing now since facebook isn't properly integrated yet, but it would be nice to get it back.

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Originally Posted by andreas1 View Post
Interesting thing that I encountered out of nowhere.

I was just opening the browser -> didnt open, thought "oh-this-is-weird", so rebooted. Then I noticed, all of the app-icons were in default-order(?!) or somehow in a totally wrong way. Not the way they just had been.
This has happend to me twice and also was related to browser crashes. Quite annoing to reorder all icons, especially if you have so many of them.
Vote, to have it fixed: https://together.jolla.com/question/...-after-reboot/

--------

However, more annoing is the contacts unlinking issue described here: https://together.jolla.com/question/...ntries-unlink/
Please vote, to have it fixed in the following sw updates.

Edited:
Just noticed one more serious bug. Recurring calendar alarms do not work. I have set two calendar alarms in Jolla calendar. One should give me alarm every Tuesday at 20.00 and other one every Thursday at 21.00. Alarms are set to recurring every week and alarm reminder is set to "Remind me: At time of event".

Actually I received notification only first week. Later no alarms or notifications have been shown.
Please vote to have such essential thing fixed asap: https://together.jolla.com/question/...s-do-not-work/

Last edited by Silwer; 2014-01-16 at 21:46.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
I have this issue with Exchange sync of contacts.

My situation: corporate Exchange 2010 server. I set up an Echange account in the Jolla (but have to go through manual server settings, no auto-discover which we have configured correctly and working on all (?) other OSes).

There was a few contacts not syncing over. After a few days I realized it was those that were assigned a "profile" in the Exchange/Outlook Contacts folder. Those profiles are now obsolete, so I removed all profiles. Didn't help. I have removed and recreated the Exchange account on the Jolla phone several times but still: those contacts which were before assigned to a profile never get synced out to the phone.
  • no(?) new contacts were synced. Actually a contact created 2014-04-24 23:09 (and those before) has been synced, while a contact created 2014-04-24 23:36 did not, and no one newer...
  • Contacts originating from the Global Address Book do not get synced (even if I've created a Outlook/Exchange contact)
  • and also I stumbled across a few others that were not synced from Exchange to phone. :-(
  • contacts created on the phone are not synced up to the Exchange server?

Anyone seen similar?

my jolla is eating up my internet data like crazy!
i dont know what is using it?!!!

my emails are set to sync only once per day (only one email)

how often do twitter and facebook refresh itself? even so, it shouldnt be using THIS much data!

i turned off the GPS localisation... i think that was eating a lot of my data even though i wasnt using any apps to localise myself...

is anyone elses data disappearing? how can i make it stop lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toki For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
So here's the command line the Jolla dev gave me on IRC:

Code:
cat *vcf | sed 's/VCARDBEGIN/VCARD\r\nBEGIN/g' | cat >> testall.vcf
It's for merging the .vcf files in a way that will better be read by Sailfish.

In my case, it got 160 contacts out of 163 individual .vcf files, so not too bad (better than the 39 it got with a regular "cat *.vcf > all.vcf"). He is going to work on the reason why it did not fully work, and will provide a fix that people will be able to get from the repo.
In my case I found another problem that made import failing. If any of the vcf-files contained X* tags like X-SPOUSE or X-CHILDREN whole import patch did fail. Even though import function said '100 contacts imported', none was. Solution: remove these extra tags from vcf:s.

my jolla occasionally freezes...

my phone would be locked, and when i unlock it, the screen would turn on but i cant do anything else

i noticed that whenever this happens, it shows that i have network issues. im unable to do anything so i have to remove battery and place back in to restart the phone

Originally Posted by toki View Post
my jolla is eating up my internet data like crazy!
i dont know what is using it?!!!

my emails are set to sync only once per day (only one email)

how often do twitter and facebook refresh itself? even so, it shouldnt be using THIS much data!

i turned off the GPS localisation... i think that was eating a lot of my data even though i wasnt using any apps to localise myself...

is anyone elses data disappearing? how can i make it stop lol
there are a few network monitoring tools you can install like nethogs, tcpdump etc and you can trace down which process id is eating up the data. but it is not for the faint hearted as it involves using developer mode and the terminal.

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
I wonder what is the reason why some Android apps are not able to connect to network even if it is available and other android apps can. This happens a lot to me at least, PiVo application does it every time and is available on Jolla store so there should have been some double checking on Jollas behalf also (?)

with
Code:
systemctl restart aliendalvik.service
Android apps are again able to connect.