Ladies/Gents,

Hello to you all. This is my first post here on this forum. I hope to motivate and inspire you all to new heights with what can be done with the N900 from a pentesting perspective.

A little background on me is in order I guess:
I got my start in hacking back in 2006, tinkered around in windows for about the first 3 years, and then my eyes were opened to the wonderful world of Linux. Of course, I was stubborn back then and wanted be a l33t hax0r, so I downloaded a copy of Back|Track R3 and proceeded to stumble and learn all the stuff I could in a *nix environment. Boy was I in trouble, BackTrack was definitely not a newbie O/s and it took a lot of painful trials, endless google searches, and head banging before I really got anywhere. Alas' though, I persevered and was able to accomplish things without having to reach out to external sources for my answers. From there, I have grown into a somewhat accomplished hacker; while by no means do I consider myself l33t, I do believe in my abilities to accomplish anything with a computer that I set myself out to do. Fast forward to August of 2012; My first con~~~~DefConXX. I had came across posts on the net about the true beauty of a pentesting device held in the palm of your hand (N900), but I never had the interest in owning it, yet... Talk about feeling n00b??? I was surrounded by some of the brightest minds in computing of my time... What a rush man.. Anyways, I was sitting at one of the fed interviews and this guy next to me was playing with an N900, I asked him if I could hold it and he let me play with it. I noticed it didn't look default icon wise so to speak. He told me it was a PwnPhone... I did some googling and research this PwnPhone idea... So I got hooked, now I had to have one.. I made more phone calls than I care to mention to each vendor I could find in the Vegas area....Finally got lucky and found one for a reasonable price....

Well, the rest is kind of history, I now use the N900 just about each day.

I hope to truly spark up some good threads on what can be done with it.

p.s. In case yer wondering, My username on here is Snafu777 but I go by Snafu, in this forum's case though, that username was already taken =(

V/r,
Snafu

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Hi, welcome to TMO! Do you use PwnPhone, or do you just have a bunch of the tools installed yourself?

I just got a n900 (n810 user before), and have been playing with the pentesting tools myself, figuring out what works and what doesn't.

shawnjefferson,

I use the PwnPhone build. I've been working on my own tools and porting some of my bash scripts over for usage to the N900 as I can. If u have any questions regarding some tools for the n900 hit me up!

V/r,
Snafu