Active Topics

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Michigan
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
You forgot to include 'Made by, maintained and supported by anyone but Nokia'.
Yeah because the last thing we need is more surface mount issues on USB. . . . sorry dead horse I know but the thing is sooooo fun to beat on with my stick.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bijiont For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
MeeGo will most definitely have "full" "pure" multitasking? Android's version seems painful to have to adjust to. Will Gingerbread AKA 3.0 have any major changes with the structure of multitasking?
I am not excited about n900's multitasking abilities. Example: yesterday I am riding the bus home. Hops on the free wifi on the bus and make myself available on the chat. I am also listening to music and my wife sends me a youtube link.
Well, even beforeI hit the youtube link the phone is painfully slow. Sliding out the screen results in stuttering music and a 7 second wait before the screen turns on. The youtube link makes me close the music player. All in all from the time my wife sent me the youtube link till I could see the video with choppy playback it took at least 2 minutes.
These things happen all the time. the n900 is far from being a complete product. It boasts a shitload of features that are cutting edga, and buggy as hell. I have never spent so much time waiting for a phone to open the email client, calendar, text message as I have with this phone.
Maybemultitasking was disabled for a good reason on the iphone and is hampered on android?
Maybe nokia just put a piece of **** on the market. I don't know...

The Following User Says Thank You to ptpoul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by ptpoul View Post
I am not excited about n900's multitasking abilities. Example: yesterday I am riding the bus home. Hops on the free wifi on the bus and make myself available on the chat. I am also listening to music and my wife sends me a youtube link.
Well, even beforeI hit the youtube link the phone is painfully slow. Sliding out the screen results in stuttering music and a 7 second wait before the screen turns on. The youtube link makes me close the music player. All in all from the time my wife sent me the youtube link till I could see the video with choppy playback it took at least 2 minutes.
These things happen all the time. the n900 is far from being a complete product. It boasts a shitload of features that are cutting edga, and buggy as hell. I have never spent so much time waiting for a phone to open the email client, calendar, text message as I have with this phone.
Maybemultitasking was disabled for a good reason on the iphone and is hampered on android?
I know exactly what you mean, I decided to OC my phone to 1GHz and it solved all those problems, and if the phone fries, then it fries, and i'll have even more motivation to get the galaxy s or htc desire.

Edit : Some people will say I will feel the urge to OC the Galaxy S as well, This is not true, it's a nice cliche, but as a matter of fact, I do not OC my desktop computer's cpu or gpu, I can play all the latest and greatest without the need to crank up the goods.
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Last edited by eitama; 2010-08-19 at 12:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to eitama For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ptpoul View Post
i am surprised maybe you need the iphone's restrictions this seems to be a theme that runs through these forums.if i were you maybe you should try something alittle less ferrari and more four door saloon

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by cmsjkung View Post
No more nokia after N900....
same here, it left me traumatised! lol

The Following User Says Thank You to bensmith808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jyväskylä, Finland
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Well, now that you're mentioning a firm... any BUSINESS would NEVER want to use an N900 as their phone. RIGHT away, the problem is that there is no IMMEDIATE support or replacement policy. You can't wait a month or more to ship this device all over the Earth just to get a small (maybe not even critical) part replaced. You can't depend on Nokia as a vendor of a device your business depends on. This would be an immediate deal-killer in any business relationship with a device manufacturer, as far as I'm concerned, and a big reason why I cannot recommend it to the associated, friends and family that I talk to either.
You are either troll or *****. Which one?

Originally Posted by loukkis View Post
Sounds like someone who has valid points...and I love my 900. Its hard to argue that the 900, in its current state, would be a feasible choice for business users vs. a Blackberry for example.

The Following User Says Thank You to colnago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Malaysia
Until something else comes out with similar form factor and multitasking..N900 would be the phone/tablet IMO. multitasking as in getting something done in the background as opposed to stopping a task to do another.

The Following User Says Thank You to joelsk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joelsk View Post
Until something else comes out with similar form factor and multitasking..N900 would be the phone/tablet IMO. multitasking as in getting something done in the background as opposed to stopping a task to do another.
We're getting closer to what the difference between a smartphone and a computer is. Currently, the n900 is the only handheld that is intended to be both. But I'll augment my previous prediction, when multi-core processors become common place in handhelds, both Google and Apple will turn their smartphone OS into a computer OS.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by loukkis View Post
I disagree with danramos's posts sometimes. But I found nothing wrong with that post. They are all valid and true. Companies (at least sizable ones) need support. And if Nokia's customer support is any indication, any smart business would stay clear of Nokia phones for business purposes.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post: