Alright guys...

Although i never posted much here its been a great help and a pleasure.

Unfortunatly my N900 has broken for the last time & i think its finally time to move on.

Nokia care won't fix it & its too costly to pay for the repair (usb broken off - AGAIN).

Although I proberbly could go for another n900 it does seem to be slowing down here & the browser on it was struggling more & more with flash & what not.

I decided i would go for a Motorola Droid 3, Its pretty much the most powerful phone with a keyboard (which i could find)

So thanks again guys, i just hope i find an android community thats as great, helpful & knowlageable as you guys.

Craig

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CraigRobbo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
good bye

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I have found none - I mean no android community is on par with the maemo community. This is the reason I would have appreciated an dandroid section here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
sorry but i have to say this.

but you should have soldered that USB down

but again it seems no matter how many times i say it people here won't listen.....

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Yet another member who's leaving!!
Good bye my friend! you have been the one...

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
sorry but i have to say this.

but you should have soldered that USB down

but again it seems no matter how many times i say it people here won't listen.....
sadly, not everyone here has the proper set of skills... i like the idea but i'm still under warranty and the usb's not the only thing that's covered.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
@Vetsin Your bang on there.

2 Reasons;

one i cannot solder that small

second i didn't want to open the case breaking my warrenty (which proved useless in the end)

Craig

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CraigRobbo For This Useful Post:
Yes - bit of a catch-22 this soldering business because should anything else fail, especially something repairable like a faulty key-mat or one of the camera LEDs, then you're shafted unless your happy to shell out. And lets face it the build quality is one of the N900's major floors, so it may well happen. On the other hand, the USB is the most notable and frequently occurring h/w fault so it would make sense to attend to it, if you feel up to it.
... mmm ... conundrum!

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by CraigRobbo View Post
@Vetsin Your bang on there.

2 Reasons;

one i cannot solder that small

second i didn't want to open the case breaking my warrenty (which proved useless in the end)

Craig
There you go, stating the obvious, the warranty is USELESS, i had my N900 for a few days, just to check if everything was OK, then i modded the hell out of it.

So 'vetsin' and others, keep relying on warranty, when what 85-95%+ problems that needs to be fixed/replaced under warranty is the USB........

Living is a risk every day, the day you disregard warranty you live for real, or have taken the red pill, if so welcome to the real world

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-10-12 at 12:28.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
@dr_frost
Dilemma #1 is the warranty. #2, which is the bigger problem, is the skill. Hehe
There are success stories of usb port restoration here in Nokia Philippines, though. Plus I have filed down my usb connector and charger's 'teeth'.