Notices

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
^^hey its ment to ae stock media player replacement man
omp is on the job to provide what the stock cant
btw i would also like it to have it in stock one
and what about a optional feature that can disply all info of the playing in screen i mean album artist year bitrate time remaining cpu load minutes gerne so on whatever it can find
Yeah that would be nice too, but CPU LOAD? no, that I don't think fits in a media player, but the bitrate, remaning time (wasn't that on stock Maemo4? I remember that on my N800, on the left was the elapsed time, and on the right the remaining, but as a countdown, not static like the n900). Also I found on a repo an album art scrobbler that searches the media album on the Google Images, but didn't quite found out how it worked.

So if you say that is supposed to replace the media player, but still have almost the same feeling, let's link this thread with that Open Media thread we are talking about.

Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
I am sorry, but I don't want to replace my media player. I am very happy with it as it is. I don't want to have 2-3 media players because none of them is complete.
Fair enough, then all you have to do is convince Nokia (the media player ui is closed source, I think). Good luck.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
^^ let some more replys come on the topic then if feisable it can be requested or merged there

omp users please reply ^^^

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
^^ let some more replys come on the topic then if feisable it can be requested or merged there

Thank you for your support. And if more ideeas will come, I will add them in the 1st post.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
No source code available for the stock media player, so that's non-starter. I don't currently use OMP, so I don't know about it's existing features. In any case, OMP is your probably your best hope, as it seems to be the most actively maintained media player on the N900.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
No source code available for the stock media player, so that's non-starter. I don't currently use OMP, so I don't know about it's existing features. In any case, OMP is your probably your best hope, as it seems to be the most actively maintained media player on the N900.
Surprised you haven't looked at the code for OMP, being a Qt master an all

It's only going to happen in OMP. if somebody wishes to add the code.

However I'd be concerned of the feature adding "unnecessary" bloat to the media player.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom

+1

I would love such a feature on the OMP. Also, an Equalizer would be nice.

The Following User Says Thank You to mlwane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
However I'd be concerned of the feature adding "unnecessary" bloat to the media player.
An installable plugin, then?

I would definitely appreciate such a feature, at least as an option.

Originally Posted by mlwane View Post
+1

I would love such a feature on the OMP. Also, an Equalizer would be nice.
For a good quality sound you can try a script I made from other scrips found around here. I tested them on BeatsAudio headphones, and the sound is about ~80% identical quality as an HTC X8 with Beats Audio.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hwxl02z415uft6t (files + instructions + documentation)

And here are some screenshots:

Name:  Screenshot-20130503-021902.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  23.1 KB

Name:  Screenshot-20130503-021913.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  23.0 KB

Works with SPEAKERS (WARNING DON'T SET VOLUME TOO HIGH!), HEADPHONES, HANDSFREE, BLUETOOTH AD2P and TV-OUT.

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
@TheoX
You made that stuff?, i mean wer is developing page?

Tags
nokia n900, visualisation