Notices

This is great! The beta doesn't work too good for me on my N9 ("can't load data from instagram" and nothing in my feed) but knowing that there's development on this app is assuring for the future

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by flip1199 View Post
Any way of maybe porting this over to symbian?
Well, I still got a N8 around, so it might happen. But I will concentrate on the MeeGo release first. I will support anybody who wants to try to port it based on the source, though.

Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
I really like how you stay true to instagram colours and fonts while keeping the Harmattan UI element.

I am looking forward to features such as my timeline, user name search and friends' list.
Thanks for your support and praise!

Originally Posted by chiagn900 View Post
how do i upload pics o
You dont... yet

Originally Posted by ayearinaminute View Post
The beta doesn't work too good for me on my N9 ("can't load data from instagram" and nothing in my feed)
Hi, interesting, could you please be more specific? Does it show the popular images? Which pages / streams are not shown? What is your setup (N9/N950, PR1.3)?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dirksonguer View Post
Hi, interesting, could you please be more specific? Does it show the popular images? Which pages / streams are not shown? What is your setup (N9/N950, PR1.3)?
Yes, it does show the popular images. I'm only following one user and none of it's pictures show up in my feed, it's just blank. Reloading does nothing. And the "You" page shows the "Can't load data..." message.

I'm on a N9 with PR1.3.

Edit: just now, the images in my feed showed up. I was testing the app and nothing in my feed showed up so I grabbed my old Iphone 3GS to check if my feed was working on the Iphone-app (and it was working). Went back to the N9 and my feed started working. Related? My "You" page still isn't working though,

Last edited by ayearinaminute; 2012-10-03 at 11:04.

Originally Posted by ayearinaminute View Post
Edit: just now, the images in my feed showed up. I was testing the app and nothing in my feed showed up so I grabbed my old Iphone 3GS to check if my feed was working on the Iphone-app (and it was working). Went back to the N9 and my feed started working. Related? My "You" page still isn't working though,
Interesting. I'm blaming Instagram for the feed issues

The issue with your user profile is more interesting. The "You" page should show your bio as well as the logout button + your metadata. Is nothing shown? Your proflie image? Number of followers? bio?

As it happens I rewrote that bit in 0.3.1 (developer version, unstable) as I included the follower / following streams. Can you please download and try? -> http://n9-development-sources.google....3.1_armel.deb

EDIT: I think I got it. It seems like I have to do another type of call to get profile data from people that are set to private, even if you already follow them and they accepted (or if you are set to private yourself). I will fix this.

Last edited by dirksonguer; 2012-10-03 at 13:38.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Short update: While looking around for a way to allow signups it quickly became clear that Instagram doesn't like other apps to create users for their platform. Meaning: They want to keep their platform closed.

Interestingly enough there is a supported way to sign up without having access to the official apps via the developer registration (which creates an normal Instagram user as well). However they say that they will block every app that uses this method to sign up new users. See here for details: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/inst...s/1YqxqjrZBSQJ

Of course I could use the official way to sign up by making Instago behave like the official iPhone app. But once Instagram realises that, they will ban the app (and most likely my accounts as well).

As my long term goal is to approach them to be an official whitelisted app, it would only hurt to go against their policies at this stage (even if the chances are very slim in the first place).

Long story short: No user regisitration for now. I hope you can all understand this.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Padova, Italy
Thank you very much for this app!

i'm trying the 0.3.1 and i have found two little bugs:

-data isn't correct, it's one month late (tha date today is 9/4/2012 instead of 10/4/2012)

-in one profile i have the error: "can't load data for instagram"

Hi dirk,

I accidentally deactivated my instagram account while it is still logged in in the app. Now i have no way of logging into my other account as it keeps saying

"Can't load data from Instagram

Please check your network connection and tap to try again."

Any solutions of what i should do?
I have tried reinstalling and the same problem keeps occuring

@Cecchi85: The date bug is fixed in the next version.

Regarding the data loading problems for user data: it seems that the rights to load user data is rather complex concerning private users. I'm on it.

@JLow25: Can you tap on the options button, (te right one on the bottom main menu). There you should see your user data as well as a logout button. This should be visible even when the data could not be load. Log out and you should be able to log in with your new user again... does that work?

Originally Posted by dirksonguer View Post
@Cecchi85: The date bug is fixed in the next version.

Regarding the data loading problems for user data: it seems that the rights to load user data is rather complex concerning private users. I'm on it.

@JLow25: Can you tap on the options button, (te right one on the bottom main menu). There you should see your user data as well as a logout button. This should be visible even when the data could not be load. Log out and you should be able to log in with your new user again... does that work?
Already tried.
It gives out the same "Cant load" issue as the main frame :/
Is there any way i could access a folder to the app's accounts so that i may delete the data and relogin?

Originally Posted by JLow25 View Post
Already tried.
It gives out the same "Cant load" issue as the main frame :/
Is there any way i could access a folder to the app's accounts so that i may delete the data and relogin?
Well, the account data (user id and token) is handled in the app database. The logout button just clears the tables, thus removing all account based data.

The problem is that the logout button is not visible once an error occured during loading. I will fix this (as I'm rewriting error handling anyway) and it should be included in the next dev version on Monay.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:

Tags
development, instago, instagram