I have a new N900 with the latest firmware/Maemo 5 version and the sharing of photos using the Picasa option does not work.

the N900 goes through the motions and that share indicator shows up in the top cluster next to the battery level, then it goes away and the photos do not show up on Picasa.

The account was "verified" so I am assuming that there is some kind of communication with occurring with Picasa, it is just that the main aspect of sharing, the actual photo uploading does not happen.

Can anyone offer some advice on how to get this to work?

V.

The Following User Says Thank You to vmajor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wichita, KS
Do you see a folder named "Drop Box" in your picasa album? All my Picasa uploads via n900 goes into that album.

The Following User Says Thank You to hwong_pz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ | MAD | MEX | MOW |
Originally Posted by hwong_pz View Post
Do you see a folder named "Drop Box" in your picasa album? All my Picasa uploads via n900 goes into that album.
+1 (just tested it now, just in case)

ohhh .. there they are .. had the same problem .. thanks hwong_pz

...no, I was aware of the drop box since I sometimes just do quick upload from Picasa desktop.

There is no drop box or photos in the authenticated Picasa album. I tried Petrovich too and still nothing, although I think it would use the same resource as the photo album so that does not mean much.

V.

It is a bug of some sort...I can upload photos to one of my accounts and they end up in the Drop box, but not to the other account that I actually want to use...

The account that works is an @gmail.com while the one that does not work is @ourdomain.com hosted by Google.

Frustrating.

V.

The Following User Says Thank You to vmajor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
You should try Pixelpipe. I'm using it to upload pictures to two different Picasa accounts and videos to youtube. Never had a problem with it.

ioan, yes...I'd like to try it but where can I download it?

I already set up the pipes, but there is no pixelpipe app/plugin in the Apps manager - and that is where it apparently lives according to the Pixelpipe instructions.

V.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by vmajor View Post
ioan, yes...I'd like to try it but where can I download it?

I already set up the pipes, but there is no pixelpipe app/plugin in the Apps manager - and that is where it apparently lives according to the Pixelpipe instructions.

V.
Yes, where do we download this because I have having the same problem

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
gmail account works fine for me