The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to anonymous For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^THIS

Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
You know how many times over and over and over again people have been asking on this thread,
"OMG where'd you get that Denmark N9 what are you talking about who is this person?" and how many times have I posted over and over about it.
Hence why we need the dedicated thread/s that have been started.
The original posts of those threads can be updated as new info. comes in etc.
Google docs can also be linked to from those OP's, to allow more than one person to contribute.

We need to start telling people to stop asking such questions in this thread.
I'll try to get the OP to change the title of this one to
: N9 owners: answer questions & get help.

@amityt I'm happy to use your thread as the main pricing/availability thread if you want?
I PM'd sjgadsby a few hours ago & asked him to merge our 2 threads, I don't care which one lives & which one dies.
I've also asked him to sticky that thread, sticky two others, & once this one's renamed we'll sticky it!

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-07 at 10:25.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
I just got an update from highdefinition.ch about my order for a 64GB N9.

Apparently they do NOT have these in stock yet, and they do NOT know when the will have them. Quote: "We are getting lots of orders for this product and the supplier has set the product's availability to "Unknown"."

I do not know who their supplier is, but this is not good news for those who are worried if Nokia is making enough of these devices to satisfy demand.
Sorry to hear that, I feel so much better now about holding off on pulling the trigger with them. They also raised the price about CHF 60 from earlier this week for the 64GB. Their website pushed the 'in stock' date they publish to the 14th from today. N9 prices need to drop quickly.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
I just picked a 64gb one up from Brisbane. Initial impression.... underwhelmed coming from the n900. who knows, maybe it will grow on me

The Following User Says Thank You to Storm_11 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
because the UI is buggy like crap and not user friendly.
Hell even my n900 who is seen as a geekos is more user friendly than symbians peace of snit.

They should hade wipet it out long way ago!

the new Anna on C7 is freezing. the core apps hangs some time and so on.

also my boss who I gave a tip to go for E7 cause its a bussinesphone. But it seems to be a bigmistake cause he also has problems with the phone.
symbian was just the unfortunate but stil incredible OS post-iphone era..they need extra effort to rework the touch UI which they failed on it period, but atleast it's the greatest OS for non-touch phone around..
remember n95? back then you wudn't have called it the crappiest OS, wud u?

Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
I just picked a 64gb one up from Brisbane. Initial impression.... underwhelmed coming from the n900. who knows, maybe it will grow on me
Was it a Harvey Norman branch in Brisbane? Which one?
I hope they bloody well didn't give away mine!!!!

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Was it a Harvey Norman branch in Brisbane? Which one?
I hope they bloody well didn't give away mine!!!!
I had two on pre-orders from different Harveys. The one I have atm is from the Bris CBD, they had one other on pre-order that had arrived in. This is the one I have. The other is from Indooroopilly, which I will be sending to a friend in the US. Indooroopilly as at midday did not have stock just yet but they were expecting it soon.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Your mom?

...sorry, sorry... automatic reflex.

I have to admit--I keep thinking, EVERY time I see a price quoted, "MAN! That could buy a pretty damned good desktop, laptop or even a GREAT tablet or even a GREAT handset--maybe even TWO tablets/handsets--from a competitor. Then I just shake my head and think thankful thoughts that I'm not one of them.
hey dan..the price that biatch0 got was pretty standard range in terms of high-end phone in our country..fyi this price defintely cant buy 2 tablets/handsets (oth branded brand, not talkin abt those china/localmade clones)..

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
^THIS
Hence why we need the dedicated thread/s that have been started.
The original posts of those threads can be updated as new info. comes in etc.
Google docs can also be linked to from those OP's, to allow more than one person to contribute.

We need to start telling people to stop asking such questions in this thread.
I'll try to get the OP to change the title of this one to
: N9 owners: answer questions & get help.

@amityt I'm happy to use your thread as the main pricing/availability thread if you want?
I PM'd sjgadsby a few hours ago & asked him to merge our 2 threads, I don't care which one lives & which one dies.
I've also asked him to sticky that thread, sticky two others, & once this one's renamed we'll sticky it!
I've asked the OP to change this thread's title to: N9 owners: answer questions & get help
If any of ya'll object for whatever reason, please share your thoughts.

Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
I had two on pre-orders from different Harveys. The one I have atm is from the Bris CBD, they had one other on pre-order that had arrived in. This is the one I have. The other is from Indooroopilly, which I will be sending to a friend in the US. Indooroopilly as at midday did not have stock just yet but they were expecting it soon.
Responded to this pricing/availability related post in this thread
N9 16/64GB: worldwide availability & pricing

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-07 at 10:55.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Finland
I don't know if someone posted these already but sounds like meltemi is linux for nokias featurephones - successor of meego/maemo.
(http://mynokiablog.com/2011/10/07/me...ement-for-s40/)

And QT is also alive and well. (http://mynokiablog.com/2011/10/07/qt...-to-symbiann9/) There might be lots off apps coming to N9.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hihu For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????