Notices

Originally Posted by thp View Post
You can write a script (see the about dialog for infomaion on how to integrate a script) or set the text in /apps/billboard/text (GConf).
I'm aware of the scripting capabilities of your app. However I don't see how to collect the rds information from the fm app.

dbus-monitor shows the following output. Is it possible to capture this output with a script. And if, can anybody give me a hint on how to do this?

Code:
signal sender=:1.1565 -> dest=(null destination) serial=108 path=/com/akozhan/fmradio; interface=com.akozhan.fmradio; member=rdsText
   string "KELLY CLARKSON - DARK SIDE - KELLY CLARKSON - DARK SIDE         "
signal sender=:1.1565 -> dest=(null destination) serial=109 path=/com/akozhan/fmradio; interface=com.akozhan.fmradio; member=stationName
   string "ZUERISEE"
signal sender=:1.1565 -> dest=(null destination) serial=110 path=/com/akozhan/fmradio; interface=com.akozhan.fmradio; member=signalChanged
   uint32 10
   boolean false
signal sender=:1.1565 -> dest=(null destination) serial=111 path=/com/akozhan/fmradio; interface=com.akozhan.fmradio; member=stationName
   string "SIERISEE"
signal sender=:1.1565 -> dest=(null destination) serial=112 path=/com/akozhan/fmradio; interface=com.akozhan.fmradio; member=stationName
   string "ZUERISEE"
signal sender=:1.1565 -> dest=(null destination) serial=113 path=/com/akozhan/fmradio; interface=com.akozhan.fmradio; member=ptyInfo
   string "Children's programmes"
signal sender=:1.1565 -> dest=(null destination) serial=114 path=/com/akozhan/fmradio; interface=com.akozhan.fmradio; member=ptyInfo
   string "Pop music"

Last edited by alex25; 2012-06-30 at 05:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to alex25 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 234 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Genova (Italy)
First of all, I would like to thank thp for this beautiful application.

Now, I have a little problem getting {network-name!foo} to work: when the phone is not connected to any network, the application correctly displays "foo", but if I connect to a network, it doesn't show anything.

Using {network-name} everything works fine (it correctly displays the network name). Does anybody have the same problem?

Is it working fine with PR 1.3? I don't seem to get the display correct. Instead of

3-June
Battery: 67%

I am getting

3-
Battery:

Tried restart. Didn't help.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
For all PR1.3 users (I've just upgraded as well):
  • Upgrade to PR1.3
  • Uninstall Billboard
  • Re-install Billboard

This will fix the customizations to the CSS file. You can also do it manually without uninstalling/re-installing it (the "cp" command is all one line):

Code:
devel-su
cp /opt/billboard/css/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css.billboard /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia/style/libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css
Then reboot (or restart sysuid manually).

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
My lock screen is very dim, I am pretty sure it used to be brighter. I can't figure out how it got that way. I tried uninstalling Billboard and LPMC but it still dims to ~50% when I look the phone. Is this an option in N9 Quick Tweak (which I uninstalled a while back)?

Love the app!! Especially because I can even write random things on the screen. Was wondering if you could add to-do's as well in addition to the events which you already added on there. Great app man

hi,

did billboard support viewing system load like in lpsmagic?

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
For all PR1.3 users (I've just upgraded as well):
  • Upgrade to PR1.3
  • Uninstall Billboard
  • Re-install Billboard

[other stuff]
I tried this, but before restarting the BIllboard area was the default square and all letters were distorted and not everything fit.

After restarting Billboard wasn't showing anything, all I had on the LPM was the clock. Enabling or disabling Billboard made no difference.

I had to uninstall and reinstall in the end. It's working perfectly now.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by tigas View Post
After restarting Billboard wasn't showing anything, all I had on the LPM was the clock. Enabling or disabling Billboard made no difference.
After rebooting, you might have to wait for 5 minutes or so in order for Billboard to be started. It's started very late in the boot process (nothing I can do about that, and it's actually a good thing), because all the other apps (e.g. camera-ui, messaging, etc..) have to be prestarted first. You can have a look at the "top" or "ps" output right after reboot to see all the stuff that happens behind the scenes on boot!

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
After rebooting, you might have to wait for 5 minutes or so in order for Billboard to be started. It's started very late in the boot process (nothing I can do about that, and it's actually a good thing), because all the other apps (e.g. camera-ui, messaging, etc..) have to be prestarted first. You can have a look at the "top" or "ps" output right after reboot to see all the stuff that happens behind the scenes on boot!
hi thp, is it possible to put system load % and ram% using billboard?