Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
I tried updating my scratchbox to PR1.2 using:

Code:
apt-get update
fakeroot apt-get dist-upgrade
After spinning away for a while, I got numerous errors related to post-installation and pre-removal scripts returning error exit status 2.

Is this not the correct way to update the scratchbox environment

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Ive just found this thread, an one question is this a standard update or is this a firmware update... Im lost now?

@lucsas777: it's the software developer kit

as per. PR 1.2 SDK thread title.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
But just to clarify it is a firmware update right? Im not missin anything am i? Im not going to install this as im not a developer or testing but just making sure im not missing out on anything

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Is anyone able to confirm the new video resolution settings? 640x480 30fps, 800x480 30fps or 720p (lol)?

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post
Is anyone able to confirm the new video resolution settings? 640x480 30fps, 800x480 30fps or 720p (lol)?
Where did you find this info? Or is it just a question?

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
In the PR1.2 manual it mentions changing video recording resolutions but does not list what resolutions will be available. More than likely the selections will be lower but smother resolutions than the current PR1.1 default.

I threw in 720p as a wish. 720p has NEVER been spoken of or targeted but one can dream eh?

I am hoping that someone with the SDK can shed a little light on this big mystery.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
But just to clarify it is a firmware update right? Im not missin anything am i? Im not going to install this as im not a developer or testing but just making sure im not missing out on anything
The SDK is used on a PC to test and compile (and most things developing) for Maemo 5.

It is NOT for the N900. Or for end-users in general.

The corresponding update for the N900 (PR1.2) should be coming soon, but not within the week (or next week) as most developers need to have time to prepare for the Qt 4.6 changeover (as far as i know).

Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xomm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
The SDK is not the same as the N900, most apps are missing and the changes listed are most probably not all PR1.2 ones.
Can't check the camera but it's slightly clear that 720p won't be possible with the current hardware.

To clear up the browser back button thing, it brings you one pag back, instead of showing the history part, which can be accessed by the gesture.
I'll check with the requests when I get home.

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
new option spotted in the guide :
you can now choose to disable the microphone during a video taking

PC :
MSi K9N2 Diamond, AMD Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.2ghz, 2x2GO DDR2 G.Skill Extreme Pi Black PC8500, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X, Hitachi 1To sata II

The Following User Says Thank You to titi974 For This Useful Post:

Tags
delete orangedouche again, delete post #205, delete post #225, maemo 5 sdk, pr 1.2, pr1.2