Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ California
I put a demo version of Theme hospital in MyDocs and then downloaded Corsixth.. It worked for about a week with no problem. Then All of a sudden it stopped working. it just won't boot.
I reinstalled it multiplu times and tried renaming the directory where the original game is located but nothing seems to work..
So i opened filemanager and located the .exe game of them hospital and clicked it. It asked me to find the application it was compatible with so i tried to located CorsixTH and it wasn't with the other applications!
does anyone else have this problem or know a fix? thanks.

As a little Christmas present: 0.40rc3!

Following on from some work I did previously trying to push an update to 0.30, here's an initial test of 0.40rc3 (0.40 update should be trivial when released).

Build notes:
I've added a simple patch to make native N900 resolution available from the menu (old config-defaults patch is not applied at the moment). The build does not include movie support, I disabled it during 0.30 testing due to an issue with FFmpeg, haven't tested with 0.40 yet. Upstream uses luakit by default over liblua5.1. As the later is in repo, I just used that.

Both corsixth and corsixth-data deb needed plus original game files or demo.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r0ni08uqv...CQY27BA2a?dl=0

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
I can confirm movie support still fails at the moment when enabled. Our version of ffmpeg is too old and doesn't include libswresample. I can either a) leave as is or b) remove resampling code or c) update ffmpeg.

A quick ./configure without any flags will work on 2.5.1 (shocking that it doesn't complain about something out of date!) and does begin to build. As I only had limited time I had to kill the build process but it may be an option.

What does everyone think?

I have a build with movie support, consumes ~12mb more space due to being statically linked against ffmpeg 2.5.1. If I get enough interest I'll put it up on my dropbox. 12mb for intro movie and little map between missions, is it really worth it? IF ffmpeg package in repo was updated to avoid static linking it would be a worth it, just don't know how much I'll break in the process.

Both the previously posted version and movie version suffer a segfault here though. Just installed the full version I have from a 5 game pack that came with original PC. Clicking on "Charts" button (second from right) causes segfault. All other buttons seem to work ok though.

My version is the updated release (6 point star on case instead of original 4 point cross) if that helps.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
I have a build with movie support, consumes ~12mb more space due to being statically linked against ffmpeg 2.5.1. If I get enough interest I'll put it up on my dropbox. 12mb for intro movie and little map between missions, is it really worth it? IF ffmpeg package in repo was updated to avoid static linking it would be a worth it, just don't know how much I'll break in the process.
Did anyone from the CSSU team answer to your post (maybe via pm, email or on irc) regarding ffmpeg upgrading in repos?

Both the previously posted version and movie version suffer a segfault here though. Just installed the full version I have from a 5 game pack that came with original PC. Clicking on "Charts" button (second from right) causes segfault. All other buttons seem to work ok though.

My version is the updated release (6 point star on case instead of original 4 point cross) if that helps.
Any chance you could test the same files on x86 version on your PC? When I find a moment, I will try to download the Windows x86 version and check with my game files if it breaks... And if you upload the 12mb-bloated N900 one to dropbox, I will install it and check on my N900 too

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Did anyone from the CSSU team answer to your post (maybe via pm, email or on irc) regarding ffmpeg upgrading in repos?
Not that I know of. I mentioned it in CSSU ideas thread (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=442), but stated it was a way off. Building ffmpeg was reasonably easy, packaging it is a nightmare. I'm using current "Sid" version as a template, converting as much as possible to debhelper5. I've kept with their libav*-ffmpeg naming scheme which probably didn't help as doesn't allow clean upgrade from our ffmpeg-0.5. As we didn't ship libav IIRC, I could avoid that. There are some issues with gcc-4.2.* and h264, which I'm hoping I avoided with --disable-asm flag. I'll try to build a few packages depending on ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavdevice etc. to see if there are any breakages there as well.

The linked version is slightly slimmed down, removing dependencies on libbz2, libspeex, librtmp, libgsm, libvorbis, libtheora to name a few.

Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Any chance you could test the same files on x86 version on your PC? When I find a moment, I will try to download the Windows x86 version and check with my game files if it breaks... And if you upload the 12mb-bloated N900 one to dropbox, I will install it and check on my N900 too
I'll try to give it a go later. I'll also try building LuaJIT (CorsixTH defaults to this) and linking against that instead of lua5.1 in case there is an issue there.

Apologies in advance if it takes a few days. Got to pop out in a minute and its my b'day tomorrow.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
As requested: Movie enabled version. It does take a while for Intro movie to load. If you click anywhere it will skip but you can press direction arrow or use lock slider to turn screen back on.

Additionally, this version is even newer than the one mentioned above as it now uses LuaJIT instead of plain ol' Lua. Apparently performance is better but much more important for us, it fixes Chart screen crash (at least for me!). As a result I've uploaded a fixed no-movie version as well.

LuaJIT debs in both subfolders are identical, left them to make it easier.

Edit: still crashes randomly on Chart screen.

Last edited by Android_808; 2014-12-29 at 23:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
As requested: Movie enabled version. It does take a while for Intro movie to load. If you click anywhere it will skip but you can press direction arrow or use lock slider to turn screen back on.

Additionally, this version is even newer than the one mentioned above as it now uses LuaJIT instead of plain ol' Lua. Apparently performance is better but much more important for us, it fixes Chart screen crash (at least for me!). As a result I've uploaded a fixed no-movie version as well.

LuaJIT debs in both subfolders are identical, left them to make it easier.

Edit: still crashes randomly on Chart screen.
I'll try that later in the evening Looks like a lot of time has been spent on this, congratulations on bringing it to this state Also, happy birthday!

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
CorsixTH itself was pretty easy. Not sure if its a bug or not (might just be me) but I can't select placed items to move/pick them back up. Works in rooms but not for corridor furniture such as benchs or reception desks. With regards to opening movie, audio seems to cut out at 50secs compared to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wguJKz2md3Y

I have now got ffmpeg-2.5.1 installed in place of the original version in my scratchbox. It's was a real pain to do because of dependencies/ name change/conflicts etc but it does make it much easier to build static versions for this. Next plan is probably trying to get it into another package to see what breaks. This is when I reallly want another n900 to test on.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Regarding moving corridor items:
it needs right mouse click. if you open /opt/CorsixTH/Lua/key bindings.txt, scroll to bottom and remove -- from entries for binding x and z to middle and right mouse.

when mouse is over bench press z to pick up. reception desk is a bit more awkward. click elsewhere, drag over desk. without releasing touch screen, press z and then drag to new position. problem is desk has queue function activated on left click.

built 0.30 (without movies but with patches from repo 0.2.x version. it still suffers chart crash. on an off topic note its the first time my laptop has been able to connect via bluetooth since arch switched to bluez5.

there is an android port which allows long click to simulate right click. will look into at some stage.

Tags
bada rox, theme hospital