OK I was using Drlaunch to manage my icons, and it got all wacky (made multiple rows and wont let me change the settings) its all messed up.

so i uninstalled it. powered down, and reinstalled it. once reinstalled it was back to the way i left it when i deleted it? how can i get it 100 percent off my phone to start over?

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
As root:
Code:
apt-get purge [whatever the name of the DrLaunch package is]
SHOULD solve the problem if the problem is just DrLaunch settings. I suspect it might be something stupid like the file system messing up, some permissions getting set wrong by frak knows what, etc. *Shrug*

man i have not done this in a while, how do i log in as root, and how do i find the package name? maybe easier to just reflash? been a while

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Alexandria,Egypt
open xterminal,write sudo gainroot then press enter then enter code and watch out if theres capitalization then enter and your done.make sure you instaled rootsh from application manager

i did apt-get purge DrLaunch and its saying it cannot find package DrLaunch would it be called something else?

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Belgium
Did you find how to delete the settings allready?

1.uninstal DrLaunch
2.install Filebox
3.in the setting, check "Show hidden files and folders"
4.navigate to "/home/user/.config" and delete the folder that says drlaunch
5. install DrLaunch and evertything should work fine again

Hope it helped if you didn't found it allready

To fix problems with DrLaunch (if it was working previously and then began acting up due to an upgrade or installation of some other application) you could follow these steps.
I'm not making any guarantees but I do know that DrLaunch will appear on the desktop again and allow you to configure it to some extent.
First off, open an XTerminal and gain root access then follow the steps below (remember not to include the quotation marks when typing commands).
1. Type 'apt-get purge drlaunch'
Wait for the operation to complete.

2. Navigate to the directory "home/user/.config/drlaunch"
Type 'rm config'

3. Move up one step in the directory by typing 'cd ..'
Type 'rmdir drlaunch'

4. Navigate to the directory "var/lib/gconf/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/applets/drlaunch.desktop-0"
Type 'rm %gconf.xml'

5. Move up one level in the directory tree by typing 'cd ..'
Type 'rmdir drlaunch.desktop-0'

6. Navigate to the directory "opt/var/cache/apt/archives"
Type 'rm drlaunch_1.0-1_all.deb'

7. Navigate to the directory "home/opt/var/cache/apt/archives"
Type 'rm drlaunch_1.0-1_all.deb'

The last step might give a reply that the file was not found, that's okay.

8. Reboot your phone. When your phone starts open an XTerminal console with root access.
Type 'apt-get install drlaunch'

DrLaunch desktop widget should show on your desktop now. I think there are some issues with using very small icons and removing all padding and margins. Do not set margins and padding to 0 (zero).
I hope I've been able to help.

Last edited by Oma N'Efe; 2012-02-02 at 04:47.