I have an n900 and a lumia 800. Personally i love my n900 and really enjoyed owning it for the past 2 years. However in the modern day to day life i have it is very impractical. When I look at my lumia 800 I know it is going to work how I want, when i want and where I want without giving me any grief. My n900 is great for a quick glance with the widgets and homescreens, which is something I wish WP7 had, and I definitely will be buying a phone with an actual keyboard next time. But after using my lumia the n900 feels outdated, and riddled with problems. ESPECIALLY the charger port. I've even used an N9 for a couple of days, and to be honest as much as the UI is a step up above most others, you can actually notice the lack of support after 5minutes use, let alone 2 weeks.

I've already saved up for when W8 is released, I'll be buying myself a tablet, a phone and new PC all running W8. As much as it is restricted, it works. I'm all for open-source but in my opinion, the only reliable open-source is usually the closed source option.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...for-stock.html

"expected" figures only - but expectations are its not a failure...
Nokias classic BS those numbers refer to retailers and operator and not real costumers.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by xRobby View Post
ESPECIALLY the charger port
And apart from this physical flaw?

I'm all for open-source
I think those of us who really are have accepted that it requires a little more effort from the user. It's a bit like believing that lowering ones CO2 contributions might be a good idea. Some things are allowed to carry an extra cost, in effort and/or money - but only you can decide whether it's worth it.

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ BONDY, FRANCE
Originally Posted by gruik View Post
It's easy to find it. expansys have good n9's for "only" 449 euros.
Le N9 c'est de la balle. il manque les apps androids...
Ah, t'es français toi aussi, bienvenu au club !

C'est clair, il lui manque des applis Android et il est chère sur Expensys (il est Expensive quoi ).

OK, you're French to!
Welcome!

Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
I dont see a world of difference in smoothness. They run equally as well. Considering how much more Maemo 6 is doing, I'd pick the N9 any day. I hate all of the use of back buttons used in WP7. I got lost easily trying to create an Xbox avatar, ended up losing my changes. Then there's the times I want to go back and then crap! There goes the web page I was just looking at because I hit the browser back instead of the system back. I dumped my lumia back to the wife too, they're going to have a huge female userbase. On the plus side, the N900 is back in my hands
You do the best !

I have an n900 and a lumia 800. Personally i love my n900 and really enjoyed owning it for the past 2 years. However in the modern day to day life i have it is very impractical. When I look at my lumia 800 I know it is going to work how I want, when i want and where I want without giving me any grief. My n900 is great for a quick glance with the widgets and homescreens, which is something I wish WP7 had, and I definitely will be buying a phone with an actual keyboard next time. But after using my lumia the n900 feels outdated, and riddled with problems. ESPECIALLY the charger port. I've even used an N9 for a couple of days, and to be honest as much as the UI is a step up above most others, you can actually notice the lack of support after 5minutes use, let alone 2 weeks.

I've already saved up for when W8 is released, I'll be buying myself a tablet, a phone and new PC all running W8. As much as it is restricted, it works. I'm all for open-source but in my opinion, the only reliable open-source is usually the closed source option.
Maybe you're crazy!

When I know you can do more things on N900 whereas L800, two years laters (like IR transmitter, like FM transmitter, like free apps and more), I think WP is for my grandmother.

I'm sorry but in France, WP is for crazies people x'D !

- Some people likes Android because Android is "free"
- Some people likes Maemo/MeeGo because Maemo is realy free
- Some people likes iPhone for his big app catalog (but some people like me know they are a lot of useless apps to ).
- Some people prefer Windows Mobile because they are crazy !

I'm working in a Datacenter.
Why people wants free OS now?

Because :
- Free OS are... Free
- The apps on the free OS are... Free
- The assistances on free OS are Free (like on this forum )
- The updates is most frequent on free OS
- Free OS are less viruses

So if you like you L800, it's your choice.
Some people like having "beautiful" object, of course, everybody want beautiful things but if you have a beautiful object with less functionnality then older, I think you're crazy!

In my N900, I can modify what I want.
It's free and I can update my N900 after.

I don't need to jaibreak my N900 to do that ant I don't need to use iTune to import music and more.

I'm sorry, my N900 with 32GB is for me the best phone!

The N950 is better but Nokia don't release it, why :'(!

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
According to the Guardian, Nokia's "Best brainwave: sacking Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo in September 2010 and replacing him with Stephen Elop."

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
It will sell. It will suck too.
The original iThing sucked big time in capabilities, but it sold and got much better over years.

So, I think it's just if it can survive long enough to become mature.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
According to the Guardian, Nokia's "Best brainwave: sacking Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo in September 2010 and replacing him with Stephen Elop."
Yeah well, that just makes me sad. Imagine what could have been had they not killed Harmattan in the cradle - many of us are wielding a tantalising clue in the form of the N9. There is absolutely zero chance that this journalist has actually tested a MeeGo device - and the same goes for anyone else who discounts it as a failure. Seeing is believing, and the proof, as they say, is indeed in the pudding.

Mmm, tasty!

Tags
not again!!