try adding the country code

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Tetovo,Macedonia
thanks everyone but I've already flashed my device...at least that was easy to do and lost 178 apps and 20gb of good black metal music.NO MORE DUAL BOOT EXPERIMENTS FOR ME!GOOD OL' MAEMO+CSSU+V47 EN.KERNEL=LIGHTNING SPEED.anyway I didn't like Nitdroid that much

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
Is there any way to get the Positioning working? I understand GPS does not work but how about Network Positioning? Whenever I try using FourSquare (for example) it "sees" me somewhere in Russia.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by Jovica666 View Post
thanks everyone but I've already flashed my device...at least that was easy to do and lost 178 apps and 20gb of good black metal music.NO MORE DUAL BOOT EXPERIMENTS FOR ME!GOOD OL' MAEMO+CSSU+V47 EN.KERNEL=LIGHTNING SPEED.anyway I didn't like Nitdroid that much
That was stupid -_-' You could flash with option to flash only kernel, then rest of your device's memory (all apps and all emmc) would stay there untouched and you wouldn't loose anything, and it should be enough for making device bootable.

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
he could of booted into stock kernel and downloaded the bootimg and been fine or flashed the kernel only and then downloaded the bootimg by cant help those who dont want to listen

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by geojoking View Post
Is there any way to get the Positioning working? I understand GPS does not work but how about Network Positioning? Whenever I try using FourSquare (for example) it "sees" me somewhere in Russia.
Not sure if it actually works but you could try out FakeGPS. You can set where ever you are. http://www.androidzoom.com/android_a...tion_suaq.html
I will check it now if it actually works.

Who actually creates those 'Tags'? I mean you can't be serious about this one.

EDIT: Yes it works. But it doesnt solve your problem :s

Last edited by Wreck; 2011-05-08 at 18:34.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
he could of booted into stock kernel[...]
He could not, he said that neither of maemo kernels worked. It's strange, because more and more people are getting these errors these days... Have N900 became more popular recently? :P He was surely not aware of the command to flash only kernel via flasher, pity...

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
try adding the country code
ty
worked sending sms but not for whatsapp

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
Not sure if it actually works but you could try out FakeGPS. You can set where ever you are. http://www.androidzoom.com/android_a...tion_suaq.html
I will check it now if it actually works.

Who actually creates those 'Tags'? I mean you can't be serious about this one.

EDIT: Yes it works. But it doesnt solve your problem :s
Already tried with FakeGPS and it works OK. Even if I set the position to my city, it's better because at least I can use the Search option and manually search the venue. At least I'm not in Russia anymore

I also tried Bluetooth GPS Mouse app, and successfully connected a LD-3W via Bluetooth and it works GREAT in FourSquare and Facebook Places.

But again, as you pointed out, it really doesn't fix my problem. Network Positioning SHOULD work in any circumstance.

Originally Posted by Dr.Marcial View Post
After following the instructions on the wiki, i get a tar: cannot remove old file sdcard: Is a directory.

does this mean anything in particular? do I need to fix anything?

Thanks
I had that problem, I didn't know how to deal with it so I flashed the device fully, as in back to factory state and not just the kernel, it worked like a charm after that, even though I lost everything in Maemo (:

Tags
android, nitdroid