Great. Can never get PR 1.2, and now can't get Flash to install either. Joy.

The Following User Says Thank You to lancewex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
Great. Can never get PR 1.2, and now can't get Flash to install either. Joy.
just flash it

Originally Posted by trx View Post
i needed it to be version 10.2 so i patched it..

On my N950 i did the following :
1. Extract the zip file in MyDocs folder.
2. Enter Terminal.
3. Type: devel-su (pass is "rootme" by default)
4. Type: cp /home/user/MyDocs/libflashplayer.so /opt/adobe-flashplayer/libflashplayer.so

I have no idea if this will do any harm(aegis-wise), so replace it at your own risk.

The web pages that needed version 10.2 now work for me.

Here is the link to download :
http://trx.devbin.org/libflashplayer.zip

TRX.
TRX, Arie and Maemomd...
Only function for N950.. The big problem is blackscreen and only sound function 100 %..
With N9 When u copy libflashplayer.so for /opt/adobe-flashplayer/ starting Firefox, the pages no function.. and close alone....

The Following User Says Thank You to RafaelVlmendes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Pittsburgh, PA USA
I'm running PR1.2. Install from the ovi store fails. I can see the adobe-flashplayer and libxt6 .deb files in /var/cache/apt/archives. The adobe-flashplayer has today's date but the libxt6 has sept 20. If I try to use apt-get to install, I get error messages (aegis) about libxt6. If I try to dpkg -i for libxt6, aegis says it won't intall it - origin cannot be determined. How can I get the flashplayer installed?

Sadly, theonion.com doesn't seem to work either. Though I haven't tried Phony or the hacked libflashplayer.so.

So has anyone actually put this on their N900's yet? Someone said that it depends upon meegotouch, but I seem to recall seeing that library already in extras-devel

slaapliedje

The Following User Says Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Finland - Home of Nokia & Linux
My N9 run youtube videos wery well. I have "Lower Quality Flash" add on, and user agent is set "microsoft IE".

I can play 420p Youtube videos without any lag. 720p videos are laggy.

The Following User Says Thank You to SaQ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
For me this was caused by a package that flash was trying to pull in that had a newer, unsigned version in the dev or community repositories. PR1.2 can't install things from those at the moment so it fails. I had MeeCatalog installed and had to disable the extra repositories in that.

Have a look in both /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ and the file /etc/apt/sources.list for lines that start with harmattan-dev.nokia.com or repo.pub.meego.com and add a # at the beginning to comment them out. Then do an apt-get update and try to install flash again. Future firmware upgrades should disable custom repos like other debian distros do.
Will try this. I have also MeeCatalog installed.

Ed.

Yes, removed MeeCatalog and no broblems with installation.

Thank You very much!

Now it is possible to listen World rally radio with N9!

Still have Accuweather bug in events screen
Red icon with an exclamation mark

Last edited by Wallace; 2012-03-07 at 08:34.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by rabilon View Post
I'm running PR1.2. Install from the ovi store fails. I can see the adobe-flashplayer and libxt6 .deb files in /var/cache/apt/archives. The adobe-flashplayer has today's date but the libxt6 has sept 20. If I try to use apt-get to install, I get error messages (aegis) about libxt6. If I try to dpkg -i for libxt6, aegis says it won't intall it - origin cannot be determined. How can I get the flashplayer installed?
disable any additional repositories, through terminal (etc/apt/sources.list) or meecatalog

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
Can anyone confirm, flash is causing cute tube to hang and not close entirely if you play a flash video then use cute tube right after. I hve been able to repeat the issue. When this happens I cannot get mobile YouTube from the native browser to play either

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ London
Originally Posted by RafaelVlmendes View Post
TRX, Arie and Maemomd...
Only function for N950.. The big problem is blackscreen and only sound function 100 %..
With N9 When u copy libflashplayer.so for /opt/adobe-flashplayer/ starting Firefox, the pages no function.. and close alone....
mine is N9 and works perfectly. thanks TRX. Now we need flash tweak and smoother firefox. I found that installing the N900 MicroB's add-ons Fasterfox and Speed DNS in N9's FF improves a bit. Someone can confirm this?
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to jecargo22 For This Useful Post:

Tags
desperation, flash dance