Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
I have a wireless-n Apple router (Airport Express) and it works fine with it. The N9 does have a real problem switching back to cellular data after it has been on wifi though. Seems I have to manually connect each time. And the wifi signal is not nearly as good as the N900 (and the N800 is hands down the best, most sensitive wifi device I have ever used--so Nokia is really losing on this one).
Is your cellular data set as "automatically used network" or "manually used network?' You can check under Settings/Internet Connection/Edit Networks.

Agreed, the N9 wi-fi sensitivity is not as good as many other smartphones.

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
On my side the problem is with PS3, it doesn't pick up the WLAN hotspot from my phone, but my wife's phone can pick up my phone Network, she then surfs through it. Any take?

i am able to connect to N (wpa2) network and my B/G (wpa) network off my dual band modem(cisco), with my n900 and n9 in the room that the modem is in (which is the basement). the n900 will remain connected to both or numerous hours. the n9 will connect but will disconnect, due of some type of idle time( I've read in several forums) in the way that it consumes battery life.
3 floors up , the n900 can cannot to my N and My B/G
The n9 will cannot see the N network, but will connect to to the B/G,
with the same idle wifi/off, if i select to refresh my feeds it will connect (auto).
Theres is a problem with the signal strength for the wpa2 type, and it does not remain connected to the network like n900 or any other device, due to idle time outs. but it can connect to the network, and theres not issues on any modems.routers , unless u manually configure your dns,ip's incorrectly, or play with dhcp. i am a network analysis for fiber optics and modem and its very simple to connect to wifi these days, we are not back in 2004 or sumthing, i had a nokia n95 in 2007 and I've been connecting to wifi since.

I think I found reason of this problem:
This Wifi network is limited and it didn't give IP address to the phone.

I had the same problem with my nokia N9: "Connection failed. Can't get an IP address from the DHCP server"
My N9 can connect to many public Wifi networks except this limited Wifi network.
And I did as following:
1. Get WLAN configuration from my computer which can connect with this limited Wifi network to edit network on my N9.
2. Go to Nokia N9 and enter Setting.
3. Choose Internet connection/Edit networks
4. Choose network to edit.
5. Choose Advanced settings
6. Turn off Auto-retrieve IP address
7. Type IP address, subnet mask, default gateway I got from my computer.
Done and save Wifi profile.

Now I can connect my Nokia N9 to that Wifi Network.
I hope my experience can help you.

The Following User Says Thank You to hopenlove For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
Ok my N9 had wlan problems ever since. I can stand next to the router, still, i cannot update applications with the store (only via console and apt-get update.. wtf)
then i open facebook and it tells me "an error occured" however, i am able to update my status and everything else within facebook works. so what is this? any fix for it? otherwise i will sell my n9 and buy something else :|

ps: if elop is reading this: no, its not going to be a goddamn lumia phone

Last edited by tebsu; 2012-04-22 at 10:28.

I think you enabled Login Notification feature of Facebook. While FB application on N9 ignore this feature, so there is an error occurred.

Normally updating is performed in Setting/Applications/manage applications.

Last edited by hopenlove; 2012-04-22 at 10:55.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
? sorry but i dont get it, you want me to remove facebook? because thats what you can do at settings/applications/manage applications

Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
? sorry but i dont get it, you want me to remove facebook? because thats what you can do at settings/applications/manage applications
OH, NO. Really you didn't get it. It's an error you don't need to care because it's harmless. You should update to Meego PR1.2. I think this error will be corrected after upgrading to PR1.2.

About updating applications, it is NOT performed via store (Nokia/Ovi store?). AGAIN, normally updating is performed in Setting/Applications/manage applications.
Are you o.k now?