Notices

Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
Correct statement will be - MfE works perfectly with Exchange 2007 server. Period. No other servers are supported with the current public fw.

Regarding Exchange 2003 - wait for update. Regarding Zimbra - one of our colleagues has tried the latest version of MfE with Zimbra. It works. Of course, officially it is not supported. The same story with google sync.
I suspect a lot of people are going to be mad paying for a $500-$650 phone that only supports one variety of exchange server (and that too when the product ships out with such a delay). Do you know when the update will happen?

I'll second that. My e71 worked no problem. Plenty of the documentation (in these forums, on nokia.com, & maemo.nokia.com) mentions only MfE support, nothing about 2007 or 2003. This should not be a bleeding edge product or issue.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland, Rauma
SyncML over http is a HUGE miss for such a expensive device.
With that it would be a killer device.

I second that, MfE should work with older Exchanges as well. But Zimbra is my master consern (or SyncML over http).

Originally Posted by branon View Post
I suspect a lot of people are going to be mad paying for a $500-$650 phone that only supports one variety of exchange server (and that too when the product ships out with such a delay). Do you know when the update will happen?
The N900 was originally supposed to receive a slow quite release meant for developers and early adopters. The large number of limitations in the first public firmware were well know. Unfortunately Nokia has since started to really market the N900 before it is really ready for a main stream release.

The updated firmware was slated for release before the end of the year, but I have my doubts that its going to make it.

A poor alternative is to use the web based mobile Zimbra interface.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
I can now confirm that Zimbra sync works with the latest .51 firmware -- sort of. This firmware version added support for Exchange 2003.

Now with N900 and this new firmware, MfE and Zimbra backend:
- E-mail download works fine.
- Calendar sync works fine both ways.

Tasks don't work fine and cause the whole sync process to fail with a communications error ("Error in Exchange server"). Despite this error, e-mail and calendar is synced as stated above.

I have not tried contacts sync yet.

As far as I can see, there is no way in the GUI to disable tasks syncing, so we have to live with the occasional error popup. Although the sync seems to flash the error message frequently when it fails.

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Do you need the commercial version of Zimbra for MfE support or does the open-source edition provides it as well?

Originally Posted by conny View Post
Do you need the commercial version of Zimbra for MfE support or does the open-source edition provides it as well?
I'm not a Zimbra backend expert (it's hosted for me), but I've understood the Outlook connector (which MfE uses) comes only with the commercial versions.

The Following User Says Thank You to LadyBug For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LadyBug View Post
Tasks don't work fine and cause the whole sync process to fail with a communications error ("Error in Exchange server").
This might be an error not related to Zimbra, after all. Somebody in the general MfE thread reported similar behavior with (I assume) an Exchange server.

I now have my email syncing but there is no email body or sender information.

Any ideas?

Originally Posted by whats_up_skip View Post
I now have my email syncing but there is no email body or sender information.

Any ideas?

I have same probleme some mail are with no body and no sender ...
But only some, and a for a same sender any mail are visible some are corrupt