I do really wonder,

do we buy a device to waste our time waiting for its softwares to get completed, is it logic that it has been more than a month since I bought the device and i don't even know, if its front camera and infrared working or not because Nokia didn't spend enough time to develop its software,
is it logic that this massive numbers of negative feedbacks is getting more and more on incompatible software or bug in the system that let you can't even do what you are working on.

i'm really pissed off and disappointed from this device, i'm not using it coz every time i use it, i couldn't get my work done on it in what so ever the field i am using it in,

the battery has to be charged two times daily other wise you have to leave the device on the shelf to save its power

A lot of application bugs and internal problems

and now i can't even remove my applications or install a new ones

thank you Nokia

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
i partly share you pain.

i guess thats the price we early adopters have to pay.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to msa For This Useful Post:
so you are blaming buggy apps on Nokia. I also don't any high end device with awesome battery life. Sure, the phone has issues but address them logically.

Last edited by nosa101; 2010-06-03 at 21:40.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
hehe opposite effect for me - the n900 has opened a new world of coding up for me - so no boredom here
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Personally, I love my N900, but then again I'm a debian die-hard.

I'm the opposite of the OP, I have literally stopped using my laptop because with my N900 I can wirelessly log into a server, check to make sure things are working right, tail, whatever I wish to do my job (I'm a Linux administrator.) The fact that I can even browse to the Flash Operator Panel on our asterisk machine with it just rocks. I'd like to see the iPhone or... well hell anything else do that. Android soon enough, but still...

slaapliedje

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:
Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Originally Posted by Ozzolupin View Post
I do really wonder,

do we buy a device to waste our time waiting for its softwares to get completed, is it logic that it has been more than a month since I bought the device and i don't even know, if its front camera and infrared working or not because Nokia didn't spend enough time to develop its software,
is it logic that this massive numbers of negative feedbacks is getting more and more on incompatible software or bug in the system that let you can't even do what you are working on.

i'm really pissed off and disappointed from this device, i'm not using it coz every time i use it, i couldn't get my work done on it in what so ever the field i am using it in,

the battery has to be charged two times daily other wise you have to leave the device on the shelf to save its power

A lot of application bugs and internal problems

and now i can't even remove my applications or install a new ones

thank you Nokia
I wonder..when did you buy it? If you bought it before November 2009 you are somewhat excused as their was much hype going on.

But after that, it was very clear that the N900 was intended as a developers and hackers pet. Sure it can be used by normal people, but it's main function is to be hacked and mess around with it, brick it way too many times etc..

And it was very clear that Maemo was a young OS and needed some work, so lack of apps and buggy software was to be expected.

At least that's the idea I got from everywhere I looked after November. Besides I don't mind the buggy software. Actually to me it's not buggy at all. It rarely gives me errors and most errors come after installing from extras-devel. The front camera can be used and does work in video calling and an app called mirror. The IR module can be used to control DSLR cameras, or a dreambox..or whatever or with Irreco although none of the appliances I own are listed there

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pantera1989 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 144 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit
Its a love/hate relationship for me. Sometimes I hate it that I nearly want to bash it to the ground, sometimes I cant live without it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vabgeo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I don't entirely agree with your sentiments.. but then, maybe you should have researched this device more. (drinK!)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vabgeo View Post
Its a love/hate relationship for me. Sometimes I hate it that I nearly want to bash it to the ground, sometimes I cant live without it.
That's what I'm feeling too. When I'm using the camera or browsing flash websites(overclocked) I think it is the best device in the work but then I'm hit with stuttering transitions when switching between apps, or the phones just slows to a crawl for no reason, it just makes me want to curse the world... Unfortunately there are no gsm android phones with a camera as good a the one on my n900 and that's why I can't jump ship...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ayle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
as i said from other threads, the n900 gave me an expression like; "what the hell is this?" or/and "this is overwhelming! i need more research to use this phone on the fullest! a Challenge! I like it!"

in short, a very new and awesome experience for me, new OS, hardware??? and most of the apps are from developers and men! i love the way that i am dealing with the person who develop the app i installed and helping me solve my problems! (unlike famous companies who make apps that will respond to you, via e-mail)

EDIT: if i got enough knowledge, i might be uploading my own app on the repos too.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post: