Notices

Originally Posted by fredoll View Post
timidity-data should show in AppManager ...
As long as you have the repository called "Testing Maemo Extras" loaded. (Not "maemo Extras" -- that's different.) ;-)

This can be done easily by visiting http://www.gronmayer.com/it/index.php?system=maemo4 with with your tablet web browser and clicking on the install icon for that repo. HTH

Fredoll,

Many thanks,
Works great.
I've been looking for this app for months.
Hope you continue refining it.
Dan

Quick question, how does one get about to playing the score? I downloaded timidity, but what else is needed to get it to play?

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
Denemo 0.7.7.2 is out (and should install with support for svg icons)

@wizink to play, you have to install timidity AND configure it either by installing timidity-data or by putting a soundfont somewhere on your tablet (or card) and specifying this path to the timidity config file

I'm having a blast with this. Mostly timidity since i dont write music.

I'm downloading some midi files from the internet and they vary drastically in quality but when you find a well made piece it sounds great Really pushes the (electro-static?) speakers with its pure digital synth.

Unfortunately denemo cant be used as a player for the complicated internet midis im downloading (cpu pegs at 100% for several minutes) but im launching timidity with emelfm2 or dbus-switchboard and will update those (eventually) to support midi filetypes... denemo too i guess.

Thanks

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
I thought Denemo could open midi files ... it sure can play music through timidity although there is a delay launching ...

Yes im sure it works fine for Music score editing where the midi files are simpler. I was just saying that its best to use straight timidity to playback complicated midi files which you might download off the internet. Some of these midi files have 10 or so instruments/tracks and denemo is probably more for single instrument.