Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
I use the stylus for Xjournal. It's easier than bringing a notepad during a townhall session or meeting. I can reconsile the scribbles afterwards.
Yep, I had a real need for the stylus today, but I'm not going to use it until I put a screen protector on. One thing about Xournal though is, I was hoping that it would have text writing support, couldn't find it so far.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by Dead1nside View Post
Yep, I had a real need for the stylus today, but I'm not going to use it until I put a screen protector on. One thing about Xournal though is, I was hoping that it would have text writing support, couldn't find it so far.
I've been using the N900 without a screen protector for over 4 months already. I only have a cloth pouch to store the N900 in my pant's pocket and so far the screen has withstood any damages. Only some very minor marks visible. Other than that, the stylus doesn't harm the screen.

Originally Posted by Hootenholler View Post
Angry Birds without a stylus is just awful! I played it on my partner's HTC and it just was nowhere near as good having to use my drunken, oafish, sausage fingers to launch them.

And invariably, disgusting though it may be, the stylus ends up in my mouth. Perhaps it adds an air of sophistication? Or perhaps I just look like Razor Ramon.
And for right-handed players, it's also a distraction unless you turn your wrist or the N900 to have better screen visibility.

It's spooky how the stylus ends up in your mouth though.

Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
I've been using the N900 without a screen protector for over 4 months already. I only have a cloth pouch to store the N900 in my pant's pocket and so far the screen has withstood any damages. Only some very minor marks visible. Other than that, the stylus doesn't harm the screen.
That's reassuring, thanks. The screen does seem pretty tough, I'm just thinking about the long term. I also only use a cloth pouch (like you'd put sunglasses in), keeps the dust out when in your pocket, suits me fine.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
As long as the phone doesn't fall out of a poorly angled compartment and run its smooth shiney surface along the jagged edge of a car seat runner rail you should be fine. The stylus isn't going to hurt anything.

Originally Posted by Dead1nside View Post
That's reassuring, thanks. The screen does seem pretty tough, I'm just thinking about the long term. I also only use a cloth pouch (like you'd put sunglasses in), keeps the dust out when in your pocket, suits me fine.
Additional note: I didn't use a screen protector because I could not get a good one here. I'm trying to get Zagg InvisibleSHIELD. But anyway, just wanted to let you know the N900 screen is quite durable for day to day use. If you find scratched, just apply some wax and it should look like new!

I depend on the stylus. I use a nail for simple tasks like turning on wi-fi if I'm one-handed for some reason. But that's an exception.

Slobbing fat fingers all over the screen is disgusting to the screen so I don't do it. Besides, I click a lot of links and then fingers aren't an option.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
My stylus is invaluable.

It's handy for scraping excess wax from my ears, tormenting my cats and poking unruly children.

I've also discovered it comes in handy for using the touchscreen on my N900 (has anyone else discovered this yet?).

The Following User Says Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
I almost dont use stylus except to select a command and paste it in X terminal.Even then i felt bad when i lost it for 3 days.as someone said phone looks so incomplete with out that.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
I'm making kebabs this weekend. Do you think I could use the stylus as a skewer?

The Following User Says Thank You to zifis For This Useful Post:

Tags
head broken, i need drugs