Active Topics

Originally Posted by sleepsounds View Post
Hi.
I made some workaround modification on JaInputHandler.qml to avoid crash when tapping "prediction type" candidate.
I don't know if it is right solution but at least it seems to work.
I also made updated keyboard (from 1.1.4.29 stock english keyboard) with:
  • enabled split keyboard on landscape
  • disabled autocaps
  • added some Japanese symbols on shifted/symview choonpu key(ー)

I now testing flick-style keyboard and will post qmls if it goes well.
Interesting! I've been meaning to have a look at some of what you mentioned, but I haven't had the time. If you do a pull request on GitHub I can have a look at your changes and see if I can incorporate them into the repository if you'd like. (Try to make separate pull requests for separate features though.)

Originally Posted by Behold View Post
Interesting! I've been meaning to have a look at some of what you mentioned, but I haven't had the time. If you do a pull request on GitHub I can have a look at your changes and see if I can incorporate them into the repository if you'd like. (Try to make separate pull requests for separate features though.)
Well, I tried it for ja_romaji.qml. But managed to make only one pull request...(I'm not much familiar with GitHub.)
And as for JaInputHandler.qml, my modification is only to comment out
Code:
} else if (item.type == "prediction") {
    anthy.commit_prediction(item.candidate)
    commit(item.text)
inside acceptPhrase() and treat "prediction" same with "full" since anthy.commit_prediction(item.candidate) seemed to cause crash.
But it's really a temporal workaround so fixing anthy.commit_prediction(item.candidate) will be better if possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to sleepsounds For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sleepsounds View Post
Well, I tried it for ja_romaji.qml. But managed to make only one pull request...(I'm not much familiar with GitHub.)
And as for JaInputHandler.qml, my modification is only to comment out
Code:
} else if (item.type == "prediction") {
    anthy.commit_prediction(item.candidate)
    commit(item.text)
inside acceptPhrase() and treat "prediction" same with "full" since anthy.commit_prediction(item.candidate) seemed to cause crash.
But it's really a temporal workaround so fixing anthy.commit_prediction(item.candidate) will be better if possible.
Thanks. I'll have a look at it sometime after Tuesday next week when I'm done with all my exams. Feel free to remind me, here or on GitHub, if I seem to have neglected the pull request.

Regarding the crashes, I do know what the root problem is, so a workaround like that shouldn't be necessary hopefully, I just need to find the time to actually look at the problem and make sure I'm doing everything the right way and that I have all the corner cases worked out.

The Following User Says Thank You to Behold For This Useful Post:
Thanks for let me know. But it's ok if it take some time.

Glad if I could help because as a Japanese I would not have bought Jolla if you hadn't made Japanese input possible. Thank you so much.

Aight, I've now bumped jolla-anthy-jp to version 0.04, which includes the changes submitted by sleepsounds as well as a fix to prevent the keyboard from crashing when attempting to select a prediction candidate.

sleepsounds: If you get your flick-style keyboard working well, feel free to do another pull request on GitHub, I'd love to include it in jolla-anthy-jp if you'd like.

The Following User Says Thank You to Behold For This Useful Post:
OK, I tested flick-style Japanese keyboard on 1.1.6.27 and it basically seems to work. So I upload it here.
But it's still in an alpha state. Please keep it in mind.
Also, it needs modification of KeyboardBase.qml. PLEASE BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL KeyboardBase.qml because if something goes wrong it would affect to all other keyboards.

Before install:
You must have jolla-anthy-jp (currenly 0.4) installed on your Jolla.

How to install:
  • Copy all files in "jolla-kbd-flick-jp.zip" to /usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla
    Flicker.qml and KeyboardBase_Flick.qml
    -> /usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla
    ja_10key_flick.qml and ja_10key_flick.conf
    -> /usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla/layouts
    JaInputHandler.qml, parse_10key_flick.js, TenKey_CustomArrowKey.qml, TenKey_Flick.qml, TenKey_SymbolKey.qml and TenKey_ShiftKey.qml
    -> /usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla/layouts/ja_10key_flick
    (you may have to make "ja_10key_flick" folder if you copy files separately.)
  • Then rename KeyboardBase_Flick.qml to KeyboardBase.qml to replacing it but again PLEASE BACKUP ORIGINAL KeyboardBase.qml for when things go wrong.
  • After replacing KeyboardBase.qml, please restart maliit. It's easy if you installed Sailfish Utilities. Go to Settings->System->Utilities->Restart keyboard.
  • Then go to Settings->Text input->Keyboards and activate "日本語(フリック)".
  • If everything goes well you can use Japanese flick keyboard.

Some features/known issues:
  • No helper popups around tapped key. Only one above (same with stock English keyboard one introduced on 1.1.4.28) shows which letter to be input while you move your finger.
  • Left-bottom key showing "日" is only for switch keyboards. When you only activated 2 keyboards and tapping the key, it immidiately switch to the other one. You need to wait as usual if you using 3 or more.
    If you want to input space please use alphabet mode.
  • When changing mode between kana/number&symbol <-> alphabet, unconfirmed texts are confirmed as it is.
  • Can use left/right arrow key to go back/forward inside unconfirmed text. Candidates also go short/long as tapping l/r arrow keys.
    Sadly I cannot find the way to move cursor inside those text, so cursor does not move... So currently you only can see where cursor virtually moved to by how long the candidates are.
    When cursor is virtually moved to the beginning of the unconfirmed text, candidates of full text are shown. If you tap left arrow key once more, (virtual) cursor goes back to the end of the text.
    You can delete/insert character(s) of where virtual cursor is, and If you tap enter key while (virtually) moved cursor, text before the moved position will be confirmed, and rest will stay unconfirmed (virtual cursor will go back to the end of unconfirmed text.)
  • I'm using custom font for Japanese so character size on some keys may not appropriate.

ToDo:
A lot.

I'm rather at a loss for what to explain and what to not. Please let me know if you have any question, idea or some other things for this keyboard.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip jolla-kbd-flick-jp.zip (19.2 KB, 208 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sleepsounds For This Useful Post:
What font do you use?

I found Popper meaninglessly expands on alphabet mode when tap and hold so fixed it not to.

Originally Posted by salyavin View Post
What font do you use?
It's "Yu Gothic(游ゴシック)" used for Japanese on Windows Phone 8.
Also included in Windows 8.1.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TenKey_Flick.zip (2.2 KB, 192 views)

Did you order a tablet? I wonder if this input method could be recombiled for the tablet.

On SFOS 2.0 update, several changes were made for keyboard-related files and it affected to flick keyboard that popper does not show character to be input when flicking on a key.
So I made some changes to keyboard files to fix them.
Also I implemented changes on KeyboardBase.qml and adjust flick direction detection.
Attached zip contains all files needed (not only updated file.)
How to install: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=36
Attached Files
File Type: zip jolla-kbd-flick-jp.zip (20.0 KB, 176 views)

Tags
input method, sailfish os