Notices

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
ok , next question lol how do i install theme maker on my windows pc... i downloaded the .zip fil but what do i do after i extract the files?

Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
ive finally got nuvoblack working on the newest FW. thanks goes to suryavanshi for walking me through it , the way it wqas done , i believe any theme made with theme maker or an otherwise uninstallable theme on the new firmware can be installed in this manner.
Would you please explain these steps then ?

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
ok , next question lol how do i install theme maker on my windows pc... i downloaded the .zip fil but what do i do after i extract the files?
You need to install java on your windows to be able to open theme maker.

When / if you have java installed, just double click on the thememaker.jar file.

here are the steps these were given to me assuming i was running ubuntu , but i run windows so anyone tell me if you need that method.

1. Download the .deb file to your PC.
http://www.lexal.net/NuvoBlack.deb

2. Right Click on the downloaded file and click "Extract Here". The file gets extracted to a folder called "NuvoBlack.deb_FILES"

3. Browse to the folder and you will see a file called "data.tar.gz". Right click this file and extract again. The file gets extracted to a folder called "data.tar.gz_FILES"

4. Browse to this folder and you will find 2 folders one named "home" and the other named "usr" These are the 2 folders that need to get copied to your N800.

5. Attach your N800 to the PC using the USB cable and copy these files to your N800 SD card (Internal or Removable). Unmount your N800 drives and unplug the N800.

6. Assuming you have ssh, become root and xterm installed. Open xterm. Type "ssh root@your_N800_ip". Enter yor password. Once your are logged in as root type "cd /media/mmc1" or "cd /media/mmc2" depending on where you copied the files. A quick "ls" in xterm will let you know if you are in the right place.

7. Type the following into xterm

cp -rfp usr/share/themes/NuvoBlack/ /usr/share/themes
cp -rfp home/user/.opera/skin/NuvoBlack.zip /home/user/.opera/skin/

8. Exit xterm. Now select NuvoBlack from themes in control panel

konttori , where can i find the source image for nuvoblack , id like to make a few tweaks on the navigation icons and such.

It's included in the latest theme maker. Just look in the folder.

munky261 -- you cannot exract that file? or at least I could not. do you need winzip or winrar?

you need dpkg command.