Active Topics

Notices

Anyone can confirm tat 192k Mp3's work OK with visuals in XMMS?

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Central Illinois
Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
Anyone can confirm tat 192k Mp3's work OK with visuals in XMMS?
Which visuals are you trying to use? I don't have any visualizations installed other than the two that come with the base xmms install (Blur Scope and Simple spectrum analyzer), but both of those work okay.

I'm referring to the interface visuals such as the time left on the current track and the Spectrum display below it. Not doing anything for me. Shows the track playing and the length of the track. That's it.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
sondjata, maybe you're using alsa?

Ok, I will not have ssh access till tomorrow or after tomorrow. I'm again moving from one city to another one.. but this time, I'll have internet.
Arharhhhhh

As of now, the backup server can be used as repository:

Change
p.quinput.eu to
quinput.eu

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Central Illinois
Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
I'm referring to the interface visuals such as the time left on the current track and the Spectrum display below it. Not doing anything for me. Shows the track playing and the length of the track. That's it.
IIRC, this is caused by an incorrect setting for the Output Plugin. Open the "Options" by clicking on the letter "O" on the main screen and select "Preferences". Click the first tab "Audio I/O Plugins". In the lower part of the window, verify that the Output Plugin is set to "eSound Output Plugin". (NOT ALSA.)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to terrencegf For This Useful Post:
hey found something good-you can fullscreen the playlist editor and use that to control what you play-set the rest up and then go to fullscreen

Hey, has anyone compiled this plugin for xmms?

http://xpg.dk/projects/xmms-media-library/

I am dying without a media library, but I need the equalizer function as all other media output sounds muddy to me with headphones.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Hi

I will have a look at it.

I'd like to put the source tree of all xmms and dependencies accessible to all of you but where.. ? At the moment, the patch to the latest debian packaged version is avail. on the server but well..
On garage? Would it be accepted?
Unmaintained upstream is the problem.. the code is a huge box of noodles.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
free: I'm sure it would be accepted in Garage.

Thanks so much - even if it's uploaded somewhere temporarily (rapidshare etc?) that would be great