Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
Kernel Power 42/46 and Fcamera/Stock Camera/Bless N900 work fine when you install the latest Fcam drivers from extras-devel.

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
i've tried all ways to get fcam/bless900/stock working with power42 and finally accepted just having to use stock camera on it's own. noticed with fcam driver my LED stops functioning and still no camera output, removal of battery sorts the LED problem, just noticed the drive mentioned about is worth a try so gunna try that one see if that sorts it.

tried through app mananger but it says it's incompatable with another application. there is a way to install from xterm but not sure where i saw that.

Originally Posted by anders_gud View Post
Hi cumulus! These drivers worked for me:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=105
this driver also worked for me with power kernel42

Hi anders_gud! Thank's a lot for the fcam driver. The default cam and bless N900 are now working very well on my N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to cumulus For This Useful Post:
Yeah, sorry I just noticed fcamdrivers 1.0.7-2 has dependency conflict with power < 44
Sorry for posting bad info. Mea culpa.

On a sidenote: There is no reason not to use 46. It's at least as stable as 42.

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
Yeah, sorry I just noticed fcamdrivers 1.0.7-2 has dependency conflict with power < 44
Sorry for posting bad info. Mea culpa.

On a sidenote: There is no reason not to use 46. It's at least as stable as 42.
Is there an easy way to use power kernel 46 without enabling extras-devel, with all the potential instability implied by using that repo?

I'm using kernel-power 2.6.28-maemo42, with fcam-drivers1.0.7-1, and these things don't work at all:

- Normal camea UI fails
- BlessN900 fails
- Even the flashlight app fails

The only reason I'm using those versions is because they appear to be the current versions, in extras-testing. I.e. I just installed the power kernel from the App Manager, and earlier has installed BlessN900 (which worked before the power kernel).

Unfortunately I need the power kernel because Mobile HotSpot depends on it, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

I don't want to enable extras-devel because I don't want to randomly brick my N900 with updates and have to fiddle with reflashing.

Though I have noticed there are almost never any updates these days. Is extras-test effectively dead these days?

Thanks for any help.

You can enable devel, then do an "apt-get install --reinstall" on the kernel power 46 packages and fcam-drivers 1.0.7-2. After that disable devel again. That way you wont risk installling anything but kernel-power and fcam-drivers.

Last edited by casketizer; 2011-03-22 at 22:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
You can enable devel, then do an "apt-get install --reinstall" on the kernel power 46 packages and fcam-drivers 1.0.7-2. After that disable devel again. That way you wont risk installling anything but kernel-power and fcam-drivers.
Thanks casketizer. I found myself in a beautiful sunny garden of a stately home, needing to take a photo... So I followed your advice and upgraded kernel + drivers on the spot, now the camera works fine

The Following User Says Thank You to jjx For This Useful Post: