Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
im facing a problem in Mediaplayer. After playing a video or two it says "Unable to play media. Media format not supported." after that i cant play any video until i give my phone a restar. After restart same thing happens again. Please anyone help.

Any help is appreciated.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
this happend with me once and gone by itself so wait until someone give you a solution and if you really need to watch your videos why you dont use another video player(sib.kmplayer...............etc)
hope you'll get somehelp
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

The Following User Says Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
no solution for it ?????

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
I don't watch videos with mediaplayer so haven't come across this problem, but try running "killall mafw-dbus-wrapper" in the Terminal, this will kill some of the backend processes mediaplayer uses, mediaplayer will restart them and maybe it will let you play videos again.

The Following User Says Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Kosova, Albania
hmm i fixed this error once when i was checking for eMMC read only error just try this maybe it fixes

sudo gainroot
umount /dev/mmcblk0p1/
fsck -a /dev/mmcblk0p1/ (enter this code three or four times)
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1/

okay i don't give you a warranty but when i download from torrent movies or videos sometimes it crashes and device gets errors so i do this and after then my videos started to play happened this error with videos few months ago hope it will help

The Following User Says Thank You to lirikosova For This Useful Post:
last night i restored backupmenu backup with the same apps, same settings same CSSU testing version (latest one). backup only had one extra thing HD libs and the problem is gone now. will try to restore old backup without HD libs and will see what will happen.

Thanks everyone for you kind answers and help. Really appreciate it.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
im facing a problem in Mediaplayer. After playing a video or two it says "Unable to play media. Media format not supported."
What kind/types of video exactly?
Which exact Maemo version is this about?
Might happen because of 3rd party applications, also see https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10734

Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
What kind/types of video exactly?
Which exact Maemo version is this about?
Might happen because of 3rd party applications, also see https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10734
all type of videos. avi, 3gp, mp4. the bug report also includes mp3 files but my mediaplayer can play mp3 files without any problem. besides im using HD libs now seems problem is gone now. thanks for your reply.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Pakistan
happened to me to its a prob with the cssu testing and i also installed the hd libs they made my camera faulty had no back up and for sum reason cssu stable wont istall so had to reflash

Originally Posted by Samirox View Post
happened to me to its a prob with the cssu testing and i also installed the hd libs they made my camera faulty had no back up and for sum reason cssu stable wont istall so had to reflash
i also think that's a problem with latest CSSU. i installed HD libs and its fine now.