Active Topics

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Someone posted an updated nat64 package very recently. You might search for the message and try it. It wasn't in this thread, unfortunately.

Do you happen to have a link for that?
Edit: Nvm, found it: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ighlight=nat64

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I finally got myself internet data on my plan, and signed up for the beta shortly after (within 24 hours). Today I spent all day working on it.

I noticed, for starters, that the ccinternet2.t-mobile.com APN didn't work for me, and that my e-mail confirming my T-Mobile IPv6 beta activation contained a different APN address that did work.

Is T-Mobile just giving different APNs out to customers on the beta in different regions or something?

At any rate, I found that following this: http://n900-ipv6.garage.maemo.org/

...worked fine for me, although everything worked for me with this as my /etc/resolv.conf file:
Code:
nameserver ::1
nameserver 127.0.0.1
I do not have an IPv6 only WiFi network to see if not having a specific address in resolv.conf for IPv6 instead of ::1 (which is localhost, like 127.0.0.1) breaks anything, but I think it won't.

I did however notice that having the IPv4 entry first in resolv.conf broke my ability to get IPv6 DNS resolution, whereas both IPv4/6 work if I have the IPv6 locahost entry first.

*Shrug* The whole resolv.conf thing is rather confusing to me, but I just thought I should point out that you don't have to use "nameserver 2001:470:b:c8::1" as suggested by the link about, or "nameserver [T-Mobile's nameserver]" in your /etc/resolv.conf file itself (especially since T-Mobile's DNS nameserver address can be added by the script that adds the gprs1 interface from the above link anyway - I'm also not sure it'd be ideal to be using the T-Mobile DNS server for, say, WiFi browsing on non-T-Mobile IPv6 networks). Since the default in that file is "nameserver 127.0.0.1", it seems to me that the 'proper' way is to use localhost address in IPv6 in that file as well for the /etc/resolv.conf nameserver entry, and leave the actual DNS resolution to 'upper' settings/services. I presume localhost addresses for nameservers lead to resolution using dnsmasq (spelling?) on first try, so it seems if you need special provisions on the N900 for IPv6-only networks, there's better ways to do it then set an external nameserver in the /etc/resolv.conf.

Hello

(repost from [Development] kernel-power following a suggestion)

I have a working ipv6 wifi network at home (fritzbox, ipv6 tunnels, etc)

The n900 gets an ipv6, which I can ping6 from the lan and which can ping6 to the lan as well, but that's all - it can not ping6 external machines, or wget -6 from them, while they are properly resolved.

ip -6 route shows the proper route - identical to other machines on the lan. /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6 is not set

I haven't found similar reports of this problem. I'd like to keep ipv6 but it also causes problem with my google talk account, which works only if I disable ipv6 :-/

Any idea is welcome.

My fault here.

Somehow my ISP changed my static IPv4 (duh!)

The problem was with all the machines on the wifi lan - it just started showing on the n900. A quick change to the ipv6 tunnel and it works fine now.

Is the beta test over? I haven't been able to use T-Mobile's IPv6 in a couple of days. It appears to connect, but it's not useable. The host command at the command line always results in a "Nameserver not responding" error. The nameserver should be fd01:353:e973:99ac::7, correct? If I ping that address, I get 100% packet loss. The Linux Kernel for power user was updated to version 2.6.28.10 just prior to this problem but it continued to work for the duration of the session. I don't remember it I rebooted in between that session and the next one that didn't work. Could this be related, or is the beta test over?

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
Is the beta test over? I haven't been able to use T-Mobile's IPv6 in a couple of days. It appears to connect, but it's not useable. The host command at the command line always results in a "Nameserver not responding" error. The nameserver should be fd01:353:e973:99ac::7, correct? If I ping that address, I get 100% packet loss. The Linux Kernel for power user was updated to version 2.6.28.10 just prior to this problem but it continued to work for the duration of the session. I don't remember it I rebooted in between that session and the next one that didn't work. Could this be related, or is the beta test over?
ccinternet2.t-mobile.com has been decommissioned. They are rolling out official IPv6 support on the standard APN on a city-by-city basis. Until then we are supposed to use epc-scpcf000.t-mobile.com for IPv6 -- however, it doesn't work for me. Anyone else have better luck?

Thanks for that information. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me, either. Anybody else have any ideas?

The Following User Says Thank You to unicorn For This Useful Post:
Tried that too, also didn't work :/

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Is there a list of cities where ipv6 has been rolled out? I wonder if that affects me as a Simple Mobile customer. Simple Mobile uses the t-mobile network.

Tags
ipv6s, tmobile