Active Topics

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Milwaukee, IL, USA
ok, I cracked the screen of this N800 a WHILE ago when I fell and it was in my pocket. After that, I somehow bricked the replacement unit I bought. Since the screen was fine on that one and the cracked one was still functional (minus the black sections from the crack) I decided to use a tutorial I found online to disassemble both units and put the working screen on the working unit (and the cracked screen on the bricked unit)... after reassembling, it refuses to power on. If I hit the power button (or plug it in) the NOKIA screen pops on for 1 second, then goes completely off... it repeats this maybe 3 or 4 times, then stays off... is this a lost cause, or can I fix this issue? It won't even let me reflash... the "power blink" happens no matter what I do, battery, cable, or plugged in by usb...

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
wow... just wow...

How did you brick the replacement? I am guessing that

A) You did something wrong in the installation
B) The screen is being rejected by the tablet
C) The Gods hate you

Are you sure the screen is the ONLY thing that is busted?

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

as far as I know, the only thing that got wreched was the screen... I was able to power it on and generally use it with the cracked screen... the bricked unit was bricked after an update (OS2007 update, never got to try os2008 on it)... I reopened it and double checked that everything was properly lined up, plugged in, screwed in place, etc... but nothing new is happening... gonna try leaving it with the battery out overnight and see what happens...

not sure exactly what the problem was... but it seems to be over... can't really call this solved, but my problem is currently gone. If it reappears, I will respond here and see if we can determine the actual problem...

Tags
blink, n800, power, replace, troubleshoot