Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by evilJazz View Post
Actually, this is not true. I'm the developer of this little app. The version t_moyashi made available here (cool btw!) is the current SVN snapshot version. I have not made a new release available because currently I do not have much time to finish and release it, but it is still being developed and as far as I can tell, it is running stable for the last year. That's why I introduced nightly builds a few weeks ago, so anyone can try the app - even though there is no official release.
Btw, Quasar Media Player is available for Zaurus Qtopia and pdaXrom, Linux, Win32 and OS X.
The nightly builds are available here (that is, if there were changes on the day before...):
http://katastrophos.net/downloads/quasar/nightly/

Andre
tell you what-if i pass the hat around and those that want a decent music player like myself are prepared to donate money via paypal for you to get this app in extras and running properly would you agree to this

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Originally Posted by stl1859 View Post
Oh - I took that to mean that the volume slider is not working. I was hoping that there would be another way to up the volume. Anyway, I moved the N800 status bar slider all the way up, and the slider on the Quasar app is at the minimum and I hear faint sound. If I now open Canola and slide the Canola volume slider all the way up and restart Quasar , I see the Quasar slider all the way up - BUT - the sound is still faint .

The app look promising, but I do not think it is ready for N800 yet
I'm assuming that volume can't be adjusted at all (for now). There are shortcuts as well. I've used the preset ones for the Info Display mode, that didn't work. Have yet to try keyboard shortcuts. I'm using a N810, and its plenty loud enough. I'm not sure what the problem would be with the N800. I would have assumed it worked the same, except for lacking a keyboard. Guess I'm wrong. Hopefully the bugs get worked out, I'm liking it so far.

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by t_moyashi View Post
Quasar is a cool frontend of Mplayer .
http://katastrophos.net/andre/blog/s...-media-player/
http://katastrophos.net/downloads/quasar/nightly

Install :
To install , please use "dpkg -i package-name.deb" as root.
If you want to use AppManager, please use it in Red-Pill Mode.
Installs fine on my N810. Thanks. Now how do I load my mp3 files from my external sd and create a playlist, add files to my library, etc. The options seem to be for already existing playlists.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Installs fine on my N810. Thanks. Now how do I load my mp3 files from my external sd and create a playlist, add files to my library, etc. The options seem to be for already existing playlists.
I noticed the same thing but didn't want to be the first ***** to post on this. *lol*

Anyway, my first impression of Quasar is wow!

Very nice and extremely slick in design!

Even if there are festering bugs in this version, I'd say it's still worth keeping.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I noticed the same thing but didn't want to be the first ***** to post on this. *lol*

Anyway, my first impression of Quasar is wow!

Very nice and extremely slick in design!

Even if there are festering bugs in this version, I'd say it's still worth keeping.
ha ah, that's ok. I am the shameless noob.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
I was confused at first as well.

Go to Edit > Add from Directory including Subdirectories.

Before you exit, make sure you save a playlist to keep all your music.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nelson L. Squeeko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 275 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Raleigh, NC
Thanks t_moyashi. That fixed it. Now to see if I can get it to install on the N810.(edit: got it working on the N810 too)
On my N800 it seemed to work fine except for the lack of the OSK support. You cannot save playlists because you cannot name them.

Last edited by mfortner; 2009-08-22 at 00:14.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ 驚く為五郎
Originally Posted by mfortner View Post
Thanks t_moyashi. That fixed it. Now to see if I can get it to install on the N810.(edit: got it working on the N810 too)
On my N800 it seemed to work fine except for the lack of the OSK support. You cannot save playlists because you cannot name them.
You can make a playlist by this command (in Xterm).
Code:
find /your/musics/dir -name *.mp3 -o -name *.ogg > your-playlist-name.m3u
and Quasar can open it.
about OSK , I have no idea...

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Just a heads up to whomever is thinking of installing this.

Loading up a movie file from Quasar, I'm noticing a slight drop in speed and performance through mplayer.

Best to launch your movie file directly from mplayer instead.

I like the full screen mode with the tap for play and pause. I wish though I could adjust the playlist as I see fit like in itunes other than just load the files into it.

Tags
itunes, quasar