Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
updated the title to reflect a little closer to what this thread is now.

The Following User Says Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Berlin
are there some news for the n900 version?

The Following User Says Thank You to tollek8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by tollek8 View Post
are there some news for the n900 version?
I won't be starting on an N900 version until the N9 version is completed.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I won't be starting on an N900 version until the N9 version is completed.
Smart move

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Oh my! Infinite thanks for this, Marxian! Soundcloud is my 2nd most visited web along with Twitter, so... many hours! Even start a thread asking about how well the N9 browser works with the soundcloud web, because this is a must for me http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=75056

So, if you're searching for features, here is one important: registered users have the dashboard view, in were new tracks & comments are made by all the people we are following, among with their new favorited tracks. It would be very cool to implement this in the app, and so f**king cool to see the API ported to be merged with the Notifications/Events home view, mixed with the SMS and missed calls! That will be super-awesome, you know, swipe to notifications, and you see some like "Erol Alkan favorited a track", you press Play in the embebbed player and it plays! Right in your Events home view!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
Lest anyone think this might be vapourware, here's some screenshots of the new 'light' theme for MusiKloud. The application is feature complete and works smoothly, and just needs some final polishing before I submit it to the Ovi Store.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-09-20 at 22:06.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
i was wondering if this was written in Qt, isn't porting to the N900 simply done through a click of a button?

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
i was wondering if this was written in Qt, isn't porting to the N900 simply done through a click of a button?
Not quite. Qt Components is available for Fremantle, but applications need some adaptations in order to work. Check out the MeeCast thread to get an idea of the obstacles. There are furthers details on the wiki. MusiKloud also uses the Harmattan-specific TransferUI to present information on uploads/downloads, so that will need replacing with a built-in solution. Fortunately, I already have most of the code ready for this from my attempt to port cuteTube to Symbian.

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
cheers for the link.

Following feedback regarding the colours used in the Harmattan version of cuteTube, I decided to offer a full range of colours in MusiKloud. There are 18 to choose from, and the colours are those provided by Nokia (there is a different set of button backgrounds etc for each colour). The colour applies to highlighted text, progress bars, buttons and some icons etc. I will implement the same thing for cuteTube.

Some screenshots:

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-09-22 at 00:22.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
music, musikloud, soundcloud