Notices

Hmm.... re-authenticating seems to have done the trick for now. Thanks!

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
is it me or is there no undo for the note editor? i accidentally erased something and found no way to get those lines back!

I just dumped my iPhone and bought an N900. No easy way to sync from iPhone to N900 without sharing *all* of my information with google, so....

I extracted all of the iPhone databases and wrote custom python scripts to convert both the Notes and Addressbook databases to something the N900 could consume. I have all of the contact info converted to a vcard file. I've also done a rough conversion from the iPhone Note database to individual "naked html" note files.

Can Conboy consume minimal html markup and make sense of it or do I need to pre-process it into Note XML format?

thanks,

eris0xff

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Unfortunately we have no import capabilities in Conboy. Your only chance is to convert the notes into the specific XML format first.

Also you could have a look at the build-in notes program. IIRC it can read and write HTML. Otherwise it sucks, tough

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
hi conny,

still having the white screen authentication problem. Read some of the old post about this on this thread. And found that my /usr/share/applications/uri-action-defaults.list had the conboy entry in the wrong place. Updated it to the first part of the list and updated the database as you suggested. However, still no dice. (I really though this one was it )

Any other things to try?

Sorry I missed your post (again). I probably should check the forum more often

Please forget about the uri-action-defaults.list. This mechanism wasn't very reliable and I'm not using it anymore. Instead Conboy opens a local port (14680) and listens there. After a successful authentication U1 redirects the browser to http://127.0.0.1:14680/authenticate

The browser connects to the port Conboy is listening. Therefore Conboy recognized the successful authentication and continues.

Somewhere between the authentication and the connection to localhost something is going wrong in your case. Maybe you have some kind of firewall/iptables set up that prevents a connection to localhost? If you get the white screen, you could try to open the URL I've mentioned above and if something is happening.

Also you can start Conboy from the terminal and send me the output. Maybe the debug messages will help me.

Originally Posted by xopher_mc View Post
hi conny,

still having the white screen authentication problem. Read some of the old post about this on this thread. And found that my /usr/share/applications/uri-action-defaults.list had the conboy entry in the wrong place. Updated it to the first part of the list and updated the database as you suggested. However, still no dice. (I really though this one was it )

Any other things to try?

Originally Posted by conny View Post
Unfortunately we have no import capabilities in Conboy. Your only chance is to convert the notes into the specific XML format first.

Also you could have a look at the build-in notes program. IIRC it can read and write HTML. Otherwise it sucks, tough
Thanks, Conny for your prompt reply.

I finished my conversion script and I can now consume the semi-strange Apple markup from Apples database and render Note XML format files.

My problem is that Conboy uses a database that assigns some sort of hash for the note file name. I have no idea how to duplicate this name format or link my current note files into the database.

Can someone help me here?

Right now all of my notes should conform to NoteXML format, but the file name is simply the title of the note followed by the note xml file type.

Thanks,

eris0xff

Hi!
Originally Posted by eris0xff View Post
My problem is that Conboy uses a database that assigns some sort of hash for the note file name. I have no idea how to duplicate this name format or link my current note files into the database.
There is no database involved. The "hashes" you see are in fact UUIDs or GUIDs, their only purpose it to give each note a unique identifier. To obtain such a UUID you can, for example, call "cat /proc/sys/kernel/random/uuid" on a Linux shell. There are also web based tools like this.

So just give your notes each a UUID as filename and copy them into the /home/user/.conboy/ directory. Do this while Conboy is not running. Then start Conboy and your notes should show up just fine. At least if you created the proper xml format

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
hey conny,

Thanks for your reply. I think I've found the source of the problem. There was a broken install of liboauth0. Noticed when I did apt-get install in terminal!

all working now

The Following User Says Thank You to xopher_mc For This Useful Post:
Okay...

I've converted all of the iPhone notes into NoteXML format, renamed them into unique <rfc compliant uuid>.note files and then started Conboy. All Conboy recognizes with the XML Storage backend are note files created by it.

I realize this means their might be some discrepancy in the Note XML markup that I used within my files. I copied the format directly from the markup used in Conboy's own note files.

Is there any way to see if the storage backend is even trying to see the files?

BTW: rather than catting /proc/sys/kernel/random/uuid, I used the python "uuid.uuid4()" function which apparently creates the same RFC-compliant uuids.

Any thoughts on debugging this?

When I select the note browser (folder icon) it just shows the ones it knows about.

I also check the file permissions and they are all carry 644 perms and are owned by user.user.

Tags
conboy, grauphel