Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
no new features, sorry... just fixes

Originally Posted by sub View Post
I cant confirm, that the battery is any better. This battery draining bug is still there in PR1.3 and my avg idle consumption was again over 20mA after the update. It should be 6-8 mA. This is really annoying. Well ok, I will enable dev-mode again and push some shortcuts around...
I actually think my battery performance is a little worst on PR1.3.

My battery drops from off the charge 100% in the morning, to around 80% by midday, and that's without any use at all and nothing fetching data etc.

I can never quite understand why the N9 battery perfomace can't rival that of my ageing E7 which has a smaller 1200mAh battery. Guess Symbian is just better optimised? Often use my E7 for a few hours of satnav per day(usually in power saver) and by the end of the working day it's around 70%, often around the same as my N9 even if I've barely touched it all day

I still hope we may see some further improvements/optimisation to the battery perfomance at some point, as Lumia 800 users apparently did, it's about the only thing I'm not so happy with.

Last edited by Tetlee; 2012-07-07 at 17:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tetlee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 248 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Eindhoven, Netherlands

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ariadeno For This Useful Post:
My power consumption seems to have stabilized. After a couple of days of normal usage, my idle power consumption with PR 1.3 is back at 8-10mA.

But the big news of the day is Jolla

edit: thread here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85315

The Following User Says Thank You to lifeintheblitz For This Useful Post:
Still haven't received the OTA update for my 64GB Black Philippines model (059J232).

The firmware for PR1.3 is definitely there in NaviFirm. Any ideas on why I might not be getting the notification to update? I've manually checked for updates from the phone, but to no avail. Trying to avoid a full reflash, if possible.

Originally Posted by zerodb View Post
Still haven't received the OTA update for my 64GB Black Philippines model (059J232).

The firmware for PR1.3 is definitely there in NaviFirm. Any ideas on why I might not be getting the notification to update? I've manually checked for updates from the phone, but to no avail. Trying to avoid a full reflash, if possible.

Do a reflash! Its much, much better then doing an OTA upgrade!

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Malaysia
Anyone from Malaysia updated yet? N9 Black 64Gb no updates on NSU, Nokia Suite or OTA.
Feeling a little left out here...

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Philippines
Nokia Philippines on their twitter account was the first to confirm this update,but until now no OTA for asia/pacific variant,wonder what took so long.Nsu 1.2 gb update didnt work and a waste of bandwith.Hope it comes soon

Originally Posted by lyluushalyluri View Post
Nokia Philippines on their twitter account was the first to confirm this update,but until now no OTA for asia/pacific variant,wonder what took so long.Nsu 1.2 gb update didnt work and a waste of bandwith.Hope it comes soon
That's odd. May I suggest you try using Nokia Suite instead. I'm guessing our carriers are to blame for the slow roll out. I got my software update 1 day after PR 1.3 came out, but I didn't get an OTA notification, so I used Nokia Suite to update instead. Worked like a charm.

Originally Posted by lifeintheblitz View Post
That's odd. May I suggest you try using Nokia Suite instead. I'm guessing our carriers are to blame for the slow roll out. I got my software update 1 day after PR 1.3 came out, but I didn't get an OTA notification, so I used Nokia Suite to update instead. Worked like a charm.
Done. I lost all my apps, and some of my settings (wireless networks, Swype, etc.), but my messages, contacts, account details - the important essentials, in other words - remained safely intact!

The Following User Says Thank You to zerodb For This Useful Post:

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert