Notices

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ italy
@steven676: thank you, great app! is it optified even if in testing? (I ask you that because I know some app in testing is optified)

Originally Posted by maemo.it View Post
@steven676: thank you, great app! is it optified even if in testing? (I ask you that because I know some app in testing is optified)
I believe it it is optified
Total non-opt usage is 68k
I believe the limit is around 300k.Correct me if I am wrong.

Originally Posted by maemo.it View Post
No, it's not optified -- startup time (which, as I understand, is better for applications that live on the root partition) is very important, and as techie notes, Browser Switchboard is quite small -- well below the 500 KB limit for files on the root partition. So the fact that it's not optified should not be a problem.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steven676 For This Useful Post:
I'm very pleased to announce that Browser Switchboard 3.3-1fremantle2 has been promoted to Extras. Fremantle Extras is now the recommended way to install Browser Switchboard on Maemo 5 devices.

Many thanks to everyone who tested the many beta builds and provided feedback, particularly jukey and qwerty12 for patiently dealing with my complex testing requests and providing exceptionally detailed reports.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steven676 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Originally Posted by steven676 View Post
I'm very pleased to announce that Browser Switchboard 3.3-1fremantle2 has been promoted to Extras. Fremantle Extras is now the recommended way to install Browser Switchboard on Maemo 5 devices.
I'd like to thank you very much for your effort making your this tool better and better over a long time! I started this thread long time ago and I never thought that we would get a great solution like browser-switchboard. And It was also unbelievable that you as someone who did not own a N900 were developing this application. Thanks!

I hope the way browser-switchboard works could be an example for other applications too. Mail and Media Player would be interesting candidates...

Me on twitter

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jukey For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jukey View Post
I hope the way browser-switchboard works could be an example for other applications too. Mail and Media Player would be interesting candidates...
I'm pretty sure it'd be possible for email -- the interface you'd need to implement is the one for Modest (sort of documented here). That said, I'm not the one to do this, given that I do almost all my mail reading by ssh'ing into another machine and running mutt there

The Following User Says Thank You to steven676 For This Useful Post:
I'm pleased to announce Browser Switchboard stable releases 3.3-2 (Diablo) and 3.3-2fremantle1 (Fremantle). Packages are now available in extras (Diablo) or extras-testing (Fremantle) and on the Garage download page.

This release fixes one bug in our implementation of the com.nokia.osso_browser D-Bus interface, which was showing on Fremantle as a failure to launch the Flickr new account setup page from the Sharing control panel. Thanks to Tom G for reporting. (I held the release expecting to have a few more bug reports to deal with after pushing Browser Switchboard into Fremantle extras, but they never materialized ...)

For more information on the changes in this release, see the package changelog (Diablo, Fremantle); for excruciating detail, see the revision history in Git.

Fremantle users: This release is in Extras-testing. If you feel this package meets the extras-testing QA criteria (see the link), please vote for it in the extras-testing queue! Given that this is a low-risk bugfix release, there shouldn't be any new problems -- it'd be nice to get it into extras ASAP. (If there are problems, let me know via email or here on this thread.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steven676 For This Useful Post:
I'm pleased to announce that Browser Switchboard 3.3-2fremantle1 has been promoted to Fremantle Extras. This release fixes one small bug; if you haven't upgraded yet, you're encouraged to do so.

(Aside: It's rather ridiculous that it takes almost two months to get one small fix through extras-testing ...)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steven676 For This Useful Post:
is it possible to launch the default browser with parameters to open a web url on load? something like:

/usr/bin/microb http://www.facebook.com

Thanks

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
is it possible to launch the default browser with parameters to open a web url on load? something like:

/usr/bin/microb http://www.facebook.com

Thanks
You want the --url option:

Code:
microb --url http://www.facebook.com/
(You can also sort of do this with /usr/bin/browser when Browser Switchboard is not installed, but the behavior with regards to a prestarted MicroB process is probably not what you want.)

The Following User Says Thank You to steven676 For This Useful Post:

Tags
browser, default, microb, opera