In Modest I can see my calendar folder and it shows the individual mails, but they don't seem to be sorted in any way and it can be hard to tell what is what. Is there any way to get to this information in a more usable format? Ideally an applet on the home screen that would show the next couple of items on the calendar?

I've done some searching, and it seems that everything suggests going through Google calendar and then syncing to the NIT...but since I already have the calendar info on my NIT it seemed like it would be possible to avoid this step. This is for an Exchange account that I'm accessing via IMAP in Modest.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
An old issue that was never properly fix as most of the interested devs moved to the N900 once it became available (and nokia handed out a bunch of them at a dev conference).

So any suggestions for calendar on a tablet? I've seen an app called Seqretary that sounds good, and saw some talk of syncing in the developer plans a couple of years back, but not sure if anything came of that.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Iirc, the only calendar sync that was ever developed to usefulness was between gpe calendar and google calendar using a tool i have forgotten the name of.

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
I use GPE Calendar as well as other apps in the series. Erminig is the name of the app that syncs GPE Calendar with Google Calendar. The GPE series also runs on my Ubuntu desktop and is database compatible with the N810 allowing me to easily sync the two platforms.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

The Following User Says Thank You to fragos For This Useful Post:
Thanks. I'll think about giving that a try. I kind of wanted to bypass Google, but if I can't I can't.