The 3d view in the maps will make the ovi maps program actually useful, obviously without the voice instructions, but still, at least you can follow where you are and see whats coming up next.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
On page 59 it talks about making video calls via 3G or WLAN.

Off Topic a little - I did notice a bug actually which I must file today, skype normally allows you to ring 0800 numbers free of charge, which are obviously chargable from your phone, and skype on the n900 doesn't allow you to dial 0800 numbers either... this would be handy (no idea why this came in to my head right now, the video calls jogged my memory)

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West London, UK
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
I don't understand what you mean. The manual specifically states (on page 43) that you have to press a combination of keys (CTRL + SHIFT + O). I fail to see how the manual suggests that browser screen rotation should be more properly implemented now. Who has ever said the current implementation is a hack?
It was stated at the time of the PR1.1 release that it was an Easter Egg and not fully implemented.

See http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40427 for further details.

Originally Posted by Kevinm2k
The 3d view in the maps will make the ovi maps program actually useful, obviously without the voice instructions, but still, at least you can follow where you are and see whats coming up next.
There is already a 3D view (though not sure if it's the same as I haven't read the new manual.) Click the compass in the bottom-left to expand it, and then click the grid in the middle of the compass.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shiny For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shiny View Post
There is already a 3D view (though not sure if it's the same as I haven't read the new manual.) Click the compass in the bottom-left to expand it, and then click the grid in the middle of the compass.
Ah yes your right, altho wonder how many people didn't know that. By the looks of it, the new version has it in the menu so you can choose 'Terrain', 'Satellite', '2D' and '3D View'. I guess it just makes it easier to find! nice 1

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
There are smileys theme and Conversation theme in page 66.
Night Photo and Video mode,Different video resolution,Email Widget
Cool!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to plaban For This Useful Post:
Great News pr 1.2 should be coming soon

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Amsterdam
It also says on page 81 that you can decide to switch off the sound if you record a video clip with the camera.

Don't you guys have anything better to do?

I mean you must have got pretty far down on the list of things to do in the world that you started to find and read the Nokia N900 user manual!

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Page 62, copy support in SMS, Hurrah. And page 73-ish has info about doing it from an email too.
Good usability fix.

Last edited by tomchiverton; 2010-03-18 at 16:43.