Posts: 55 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Perú.
I got tired of this issue, downloaded NSU and reinstalled. Didn't even made a backup and didn't lose anything. The one I lost were the annoying icons .

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
I'm going to wait for the PR1.3 as i have no experience with this flasher! I'll do it on my computer and reinstall using back up! hopefully this will sort it! cant be long now!

after reading through this forum I wonder if anyone can give me exact instructions of how to remove these icons from the home screen

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84179

it seems similiar, these download icons are basically app icons that arent going!

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Perú.
You don't need the flasher, just need to download Nokia Software Updater and it will show you the option "Reinstall"

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Grazy View Post
after reading through this forum I wonder if anyone can give me exact instructions of how to remove these icons from the home screen

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84179

it seems similiar, these download icons are basically app icons that arent going!
try the following:
reboot your phone
install any app that is not already/previously installed either thro store or via .deb file.
if the download icons still remain, it means a previous installation has been interrupted so go to manage applications and see which apps are listed there but whose icons have changed into download icons.
click on those apps in the manage applications window and either resume the interrupted installation (if option available) or uninstall the apps.
then reboot.

hope it fixes things up.

Originally Posted by RazorNoobish View Post
You don't need the flasher, just need to download Nokia Software Updater and it will show you the option "Reinstall"
On my version of Nokia update there is no reinstall option?

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
try the following:
reboot your phone
install any app that is not already/previously installed either thro store or via .deb file.
if the download icons still remain, it means a previous installation has been interrupted so go to manage applications and see which apps are listed there but whose icons have changed into download icons.
click on those apps in the manage applications window and either resume the interrupted installation (if option available) or uninstall the apps.
then reboot.

hope it fixes things up.
Many thanks for your suggestion! but...

I don't think this is the case for me, as they only appear after uninstalling, the icons are then gone within the "mangae apps" bit

out of interest, could i simply go to /usr/share/applications/
in filebox and delete the specific file with .desktop? or is it not as simply as that?

Only the icon isnt the original icon its a download thing but assume its this file keeping it on the desktop?

so when you reinstall it writes over the desktop file thats not been deleted?

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Timisoara, Romania
Originally Posted by Grazy View Post
out of interest, could i simply go to /usr/share/applications/
in filebox and delete the specific file with .desktop?
After a while they reappear

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Banyuwangi, Indonesia
So this issue is still unsolvable

the black and white arrow icons is still re-appear after delete it via developer mode, i dont know how toe get rid those icons

Been trying to hiding those icons, and it temporarily gone.
mv (filename) (.filename), hope it will not re-appearing again and again

Last edited by efion; 2012-07-06 at 17:12.