Notices

thanks that worked, but now it's removed the maemo game called Sheep cause of the Phonon dependencies :-(

My Blog

The Following User Says Thank You to stobbsc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by stobbsc View Post
thanks that worked, but now it's removed the maemo game called Sheep cause of the Phonon dependencies :-(
you can re-install sheep now, shouldnt be an issue.
AFAIK the phonon library has compatibillity issues with QT4.6, a search might help, kind or remembering seeing some other places where users reported this.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Originally Posted by krk969 View Post
Thanks for your support.
Im planning the following enhancements for the next version
( I would not want to change the design of the app, so the enhancement will be restricted to that extent , Im trying not to break existing functonality )

1. Give a new option in the menu called SearchTitles

Here you can configure the programme titles you are interested in for a channel.
Then on clicking a "search" button or similar , the app will download all listing for the channel for the whole week ( or all the data available for the week, sometimes its less
than a week for some channels ).
The app will then search all listings for your search title and auto select them.
The user can then click on record/remind all selected programmes or deselect what he want and then do the same.

2. User selectable reminders

I will also add a new option in the reminder functionality where the user can select the recurrence and an end date for the calendar reminder. This will be purely based on user input and will have nothing to do with the actual programme listings. This will save some bandwidth and cpu time if the user already knows this programme will occur on a frequent basis until a certail date.

3. Prime time viewing

configure a prime time if you wish to see only programmes between that time on favourite channels for a selected date.

4. About screen

Add a software version to the title or an about page.

5. Dont show past programmes

A user selectable option not to show listings in the past.

There may be more to follow, but this is the thought I could put together after hearing from you and from what I had planned.
Your doing a great job with this in your spare time. We really appreciate your efforts for the community.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

The Following User Says Thank You to cardiff-blues For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zyborg View Post
Please consider implementing channels for Denmark. I'll gladly try to help in any way I can. Thank you for a great app!
Im happy to add more regions, its quite a trivial thing, if you would like to add denmark, read my post#1 about XMLTV data.
Basically you can generate yourself and host it or find me a website that hosts xmltv files for denmark.
If you need more help you could PM or email me.

cheers.

Originally Posted by torpedo48 View Post
Ciao Alex, I think that the problems could be yours. I'm in Italy and I can download Italia1 and Canale5 easily.

There were datas yesterday and there are datas today, so I think you could have a problem with your internet connection.

EDIT: ok I've problems with Canale 5 too, but Italia 1 works fine (like Rai).
Ok, Italia 1 works!!! I can confirm Thank you Torpedo, grazie!!!!!!!

Message to all the italian users:
Canale 5 is giving many problems with Showtime: one day there are datas, the day after there are no datas, etc...

BUT it's not Showtime's fault at all!
So please do not vote thumbs down in Extras-Testing and do not criticize the program in this thread or in the Testing page. I'll continue the testing and post if I find some improvements.

The Following User Says Thank You to torpedo48 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by torpedo48 View Post
Message to all the italian users:
Canale 5 is giving many problems with Showtime: one day there are datas, the day after there are no datas, etc...
BUT it's not Showtime's fault at all!
So please do not vote thumbs down in Extras-Testing and do not criticize the program in this thread or in the Testing page. I'll continue the testing and post if I find some improvements.
Thanks torpedo for the message, its mentioned here as well

The Following User Says Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Moscow
Whether it is possible to add Russian channels of TV?
New week http://www.teleguide.info/download/new3/xmltv.xml.gz
Old week http://www.teleguide.info/download/old/xmltv.xml.gz

The Following User Says Thank You to g0dzilla For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by g0dzilla View Post
Whether it is possible to add Russian channels of TV?
New week http://www.teleguide.info/download/new3/xmltv.xml.gz
Old week http://www.teleguide.info/download/old/xmltv.xml.gz
yes, quite easy to add a region, but the xmltv datasource must have 1 file per channel per date, thats how the app is designed to operate.
Let me know if you can find one, I think I remember coming across the site you just pasted above, but I didnt include it for the reason I mentioned above.

If you cant find any I will try to see if there is a way I can incorporate this site into the app.

Last edited by krk969; 2010-02-11 at 17:55.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Moscow
I will try to find a variant 1 channel 1 file. Thanks for the answer!