Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Porto Alegre - RS - Brazil
Originally Posted by mece View Post
i'm working on a (desktop)tweetdeckish application called Tweed Suit. i use it on my N900, linux desktop and windows desktop. not very polished, but it works.
pics:
http://twitpic.com/3raccr
http://twitpic.com/3p66sd

source:
http://gitorious.org/tweedsuit
Hello Mece,

To the beginners, could you please release a .deb or fast instructions on how to install it?

Best Regards,

Germano.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Here is a readme file in gitorious with instructions.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I would say that the worst basic failure on the N900 has been in getting an adequate twitter client. Twimgo is the first to achieve saved searches, I heat. I just installed the latest version. It has been saying "loadng tweets" for the last ten minutes or so, with no other signs of action. An earlier version worked well for me for a time.

Witter worked well but never achieved saved searches, then went belly up.

No others achieved much, if you ask me.The web-only Tweetgo is cool but takes too long to start up.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
[off topic]It's a big shame for N900 that it doesnt have a full functional twitter client. Im currently using twimgo 2 but I face unexpected exits and problems with the touching interface.

I have installed TweedSuite and it works so far and I am already logged in. My only problem is, that I just get the message "Requesting Token". Any idea?

Edit: ok it works now. Have found a hint in the todo.txt.txt... just re-open tweedsuit and try again to log in...

Last edited by zaib; 2011-02-28 at 08:31.

Did anyone ever get the Twitter conversations plug-in to work?
All i get is network error :O(

wooooow! i successfully done it and installed "tweedsuit" all i can say man this is an Amazing start and you can really make a hit here for the N900 with this similar to Tweetdeck app *applause*

com'on keep on do it and trying you can even make money porting it to meego ;-) with this i managed to add 5 columns so far twitter home,mentions,n900,nitdroid,and facebook notification through rss

Last edited by xavi6; 2011-03-08 at 16:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xavi6 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by xavi6 View Post
wooooow! i successfully done it and installed "tweedsuit" all i can say man this is an Amazing start and you can really make a hit here for the N900 with this similar to Tweetdeck app *applause*

com'on keep on do it and trying you can even make money porting it to meego ;-) with this i managed to add 5 columns so far twitter home,mentions,n900,nitdroid,and facebook notification through rss
Glad you like it I usually have 6 columns. home, mentions, 2 searches and 2 rss feeds.

I'm quite busy this week and the next but after that I might have time to do some work on this. Perhaps even get it packaged. Who knows It works fine on MeeGo already btw.

PS you can use AND OR in twitter searches and I use http://rssmix.com so I don't have to have a different column for every feed I follow.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
[off topic]It's a big shame for N900 that it doesnt have a full functional twitter client. Im currently using twimgo 2 but I face unexpected exits and problems with the touching interface.
Of course it has... Have you tried TweeGo, and what is wrong with TwimGo? It is one of the best clients available for the N900.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

I installed tweedsuit cause it looks awesome but after logging in, nothing shows up even if I post a tweet. I'm not sure if I am missing something or not....haha