Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
  • Is your internal card corrupted?
  • Is your external card corrupted?
  • Is metalayer-crawler running away when the device should be idling?
  • Is Modest choking out on something and running away when the device should be idling?
  • Have you installed any nasty CPU-eating home applets?
  • Are there any applications that you leave up that might cause problems?

That mostly covers it.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ North Carolina
I am having the same issues. I upgraded to Diablo last night on a full battery. set up a few things on the system (OMWeather, GPE) and then went to bed. This morning i noticed it had powered down. I did leave it online, but should have still had power after only 6 hours.

Dave

My battery life is BETTER with Diablo than OS2007. I went all weekend without charging.
And that is with WiFi, Bluetooth, RSS feeder, and Gmail checker running.

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3357

If it's because of Modest vote/comment on the bug.

WRT Modest - No, I've not even run it (I use webmail isntead).

Have checked Wifi settings aren't set to auto-connect, so if it is, its doing it despite control setup.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, unfortunately its rendering my tablet virtually useless.

I'll run through the other suggestions and see where I get to.

Thanks for the suggestions.

The browser (and anything else with a timer) also stops dyntick from slowing the tick rate. If I leave a browser window open all night the battery will probably be flat the next day.

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Ottawa
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
Have your tablets reverted to being able to make automatic connections after the flash?

This is a killer, especially if you don't realise that your tablet is sitting on the 'net all night long.
I haven't noticed this to be "killing" my battery. I have gone for almost 3 days with a SSH session logged in (from my linux laptop). Battery works just fine.

I did find that when I was experiementing with getting bluetooth PAN working, that there was a daemon which seems to be chewing through the battery. I dumped that (for now) and now I have pretty good battery life with Diablo.

You may want to try a real version of top to see what is eating your cycles. You can get a real version (with a real PS too) from:
http://www.makikiweb.com/n800/downlo....2.7.armel.deb

I renamed the utilities so as to not clash with the built in ones, so run rtop and rps after installing.

I hope this helps,

Craig...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
have you all modest (the built-in email client) in use??
Nope. I haven't even set it up yet. And my battery life has gone the other way as well.

Originally Posted by alephito View Post
That's no possible. Last OS (Diablo) is less than a month old and new N800s are not available since before that.
i bought my unit 2nd hand so the seller installed diablo on it already.. you think i should reflash? when fully charged, does your tablet show (only) "5 hours when in use" on the battery status?

Last edited by lazuli; 2008-07-07 at 20:07.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
I have a N810 and when fully charged it shows "7 hours when in use".

I think N800 and N810 should have a similar battery charge.