Posts: 45 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Sevastopol, Cremea, Ukraine
STOP creating this pessemistic topics! 3rd topics with "meego team said goodbye.." and other like this titles.

maemo/meego have the best community i ever seen, While community is a live - devices are alive too!

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to wow23 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
This is a very sad moment...

Thank you Sotiris and your team for all the work you put into these amazing devices and their software. I can't imagine what I'll do one or two years from now, not being able to look forward to your next masterpiece...

until now i still had the foolish hope Nokia might come to their senses and release another device in this line, but it seems like i finally have to face reality

The Following User Says Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wow23 View Post
maemo/meego have the best community i ever seen, While community is a live - devices are alive too!
Stop fooling yourself. Cyanogen, xda they thrive due to constant influx of new devices. New HW is the blood of any hacker community.

There is only one place for the N9 now, and that is in the drawer.

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Czech Republic
Bla,bla,bla ,bla

heh this thread sounds like a phoronix headline

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to accumulator For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
the n9 is not dead until the last user has left it. I'm not sure why you need nokia for that.

Support yourself!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
A big thank you to the entire team for delivering truly great products that we all enjoy so much.

Thanks from Bulgaria.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodymirova For This Useful Post:
Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Just like everyone else posting on this thread I can only give my humble thanks for the devices that this team have given me / us over the past few years.

My present N9 is an incredible piece of kit and no matter what it does / doesn't do I couldn't be happier with it. I have not seen any other device that would tempt me to stop using it.

It makes me laugh when I see people complaining that 'my N9 can't wash the dishes' yet don't seem to contribute anything themselves.

I can't code - I only wish I could - so I can only admire those who can (and do!) and manage to deliver such brilliant devices to us all.

To Sotiris and his fellow geniuses I doff my hat and wish you all the very best of good luck and fortune in your future endeavours.

Thank you all for giving me the best device I have ever owned.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dumpystig For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
the n9 is not dead until the last user has left it. I'm not sure why you need nokia for that.

Support yourself!
Dave Dave Dave LOL "Support yourself"

I better rephrase. For me, my N9 is dead. Dead along with countless other devices including the N800 and N900. Although I actually use my N800 from time to time as a music player due to the surprisingly good load speakers.

My everyday phone for the time being is, believe it or not, the Lumia 800. When you get over all it's flaws and shortcomings in the OS (takes some commitment, but is definitely doable), the UI/UX is in a league of it's own. That's where I am at the moment.

The 808 is still not in any major stores, and I'm tired of EOL products. I'll wait for the Lumia PureView, well unless I am caught in a weak moment

Anyway, when it comes to dead, the N9 is as dead as it gets right now. No support anymore, the entire team disbanded, no updates, no nothing. There is literally nothing left of any N9 crumbs in Nokia at all.

Community support on a non open source OS is a DOA project. You have to rewrite most things from scratch. Then if you do, why use the dead N9? The open and free Galaxy Nexus is a much better device. And better still, the Nexus 7 is a device with some serious HW specs, a open tablet without the unnecessary complexity of a phone stack.

The Nexus 7 is "The One". Forget Nokia, forget the N9, it's only a distraction. The first community who is able to get a real Linux running on the Nexus 7 will be remembered, everyone else will be forgotten. Facts of life.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to specc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So it's not dead, but you select not to use the as you prefer another device.

I'm not sure what nokia could have done?

The n9 update schedule followed the same update schedule.as the n900 so it can't been a surprise.

Sure the os development is probably dead, if it's dead on a personal level is really up to yourself.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:

Tags
specc is the, troll ericsson