Active Topics

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Long Island, NY
Hey guys, got this one issue with video chat with google. It works perfectly fine, its just that the video quality is horrible. My video is dark (even in very bright lighting settings), and the other party's video feed is very distorted. Is it just me or anyone else having this problem?

I do not have skype, so could not try the skype video to compare. I did however install "MIRROR" app, and i think the video quality got worse compare to the PR1.1, cuz my front camera's video output is very dark, even if i'm outside on a sunny day.

I have been having similar issues with gtalk. The video stream from PC to N900 is heavily distorted. Although, the stream from N900 to PC shows up absolutely fone on the PC, so dont have any issues with N900's webcam. Had the same problem with sip video call (h263).

The videos look great with skype btw. So something is wrong with video over xmpp.

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
Same here. I tried google video between an A900 and an A800. That worked better before the update. Now the A900 picture is simply too dark.

so is there any fix for the video quality for google video call...since using the camera with skype is fine...then that means taht its not the phones fault?

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
I think you can have make it brighter . if you tap on the top when you are on video mode it will have a tab that says exposure + or -.

The Following User Says Thank You to danx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
Originally Posted by danx View Post
I think you can have make it brighter . if you tap on the top when you are on video mode it will have a tab that says exposure + or -.
I can't find this option. All I get is a button stating "hold call".

yea same here...i dont have that option...I did however got SKYPE, and i must admit...the video is much better and smooth...not distorted like the google video call.