Active Topics

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
This should be easy, a selfi-stick app as in in this thread.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1502457
Probably just a plugin with depends extkbd to make the bluethooth HID sticks pair properly with the N900.
If just a plugin it would bind the Return key to camera app shutter as c currently does, perhaps also allow bluetooth headsets to fire the camera shutter.

Last edited by biketool; 2016-03-30 at 17:14.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
This should be easy, a selfi-stick app as in in this thread.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1502457
Probably just a plugin with depends extkbd to make the bluethooth HID sticks pair properly with the N900.
If just a plugin it would bind the Return key to camera app shutter as c currently does, perhaps also allow bluetooth headsets to fire the camera shutter.
Sorry, I've never coded anything with bluetooth stuff. All I can do "remote"-wise is TCP/UDP stuff. That and I'm a firm believer in selfie sticks should not exist

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to azkay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by azkay View Post
I'm a firm believer in selfie sticks should not exist
I concur, but consider this. Throw away the stick and use just the remote. A remotely operated camera could be an excellent tool to snap some birds in action.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I concur, but consider this. Throw away the stick and use just the remote. A remotely operated camera could be an excellent tool to snap some birds in action.
Or use a second n900 :P

EDIT::
I'll look into some bluetooth examples

The Following User Says Thank You to azkay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
How about a TMO client?

(But with power search support.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by azkay View Post
Sorry, I've never coded anything with bluetooth stuff. All I can do "remote"-wise is TCP/UDP stuff. That and I'm a firm believer in selfie sticks should not exist
Firstly I agree up to the point I realized I have almost no photos of my kids with me in the frame. But really I also want to be able to fire the camera remotely using the btton on the stick. Actually all that is needed is to bind the Return key(the stick's shutter button is a HID bluetooth keyboard Return key) to shutter, as apparently the letter c on the hardware keyboard is now in CSSU.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Actually all that is needed is to bind the Return key(the stick's shutter button is a HID bluetooth keyboard Return key) to shutter, as apparently the letter c on the hardware keyboard is now in CSSU.
For taking one picture you could use the console and gstreamer and trigger your script with the enter key. For taking more pictures you could write a simple console application.

Edit: I know you will have no flash so the best would be to recompile the cssu app with enter as trigger.

Last edited by Halftux; 2016-04-04 at 12:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
I really miss a decent browser :/

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
At a minimum avrdude to upload pre-compiled code to AVR/Arduino stuff via USB/serial/bluetooth.
the Arduino IDE would be nice to edit in the field, but I think that might require chroot debian with all of the java, my debian install works but updating is tricky with the old kernel and debian repos.
I tried ArduinoDroid on my Cyanogen Nexus7 but it crashes on load and is so damn fragile.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Alternating N900 & Nexus 5 32GB w SfOS 2.0.1.7 ... would need an updated/lighter/modern browser, BOX client, GUIed Telegram, Protonmail client and Maps.me.

Anyway the "phone" in N900 has always been the least important part to me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beobachter For This Useful Post: