Closed Thread
WHAT IS OFF TOPIC?!?!?!?!

THIS:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=887933

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
What ever happened to Abill_uk's rant thread? I couldn't find it just now. If it has been deleted, I have a couple of questions:

Did my comments in that thread violate some policy of this site? If so, which ones? If not, why were my comments deleted, if they were?

Do we now have thread ownership, so if I start a thread and, say, I don't like something Texrat says in it, I can have the whole thread deleted?

Things getting too quiet and civil for you lately, Geneven?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Things getting too quiet and civil for you lately, Geneven?
Actually, I haven't been around much lately.
I tend to get curious when mysterious things happen apparently caused by the people who really control things here, who assume that whatever they do is okay with everyone because of course they only want good things and they are the natural arbiters of what good things are because they're superior beings.

It actually hasn't just gotten more quiet and civil, it seems to me that there's less action in general — fewer new programs, fewer updates, less interesting stuff. That's unfortunate. And then of course developments beyond the N900 are increasingly taking the spotlight.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Actually, I haven't been around much lately.
I tend to get curious when mysterious things happen apparently caused by the people who really control things here, who assume that whatever they do is okay with everyone because of course they only want good things and they are the natural arbiters of what good things are because they're superior beings.

It actually hasn't just gotten more quiet and civil, it seems to me that there's less action in general — fewer new programs, fewer updates, less interesting stuff. That's unfortunate. And then of course developments beyond the N900 are increasingly taking the spotlight.
Well it's not like the users here pay 'server' tax or whatever and automatically gets an over-entitlement mentality as irl.

And people here are free to move or exist in multiple places too, unlike the finite plot of lands irl.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
What ever happened to Abill_uk's rant thread? I couldn't find it just now. If it has been deleted, I have a couple of questions:

Did my comments in that thread violate some policy of this site? If so, which ones? If not, why were my comments deleted, if they were?

Do we now have thread ownership, so if I start a thread and, say, I don't like something Texrat says in it, I can have the whole thread deleted?
No clue to paragraph one. I'm just a peon moderator. I don't think so to paragraph 2. And why single me out? What have I ever done to you?

Sheesh.

Last edited by Texrat; 2011-11-07 at 06:33.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Well it's not like the users here pay 'server' tax or whatever and automatically gets an over-entitlement mentality as irl.

And people here are free to move or exist in multiple places too, unlike the finite plot of lands irl.
How dare you inject mature reasoning and sensibility here, sir.

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
How dare you inject mature reasoning and sensibility here, sir.
Silence, troll!

jk dude ;p

Last edited by ysss; 2011-11-07 at 17:43.

Texrat, you are of course singled out because of your willingness to respond rationally to inquiries.

It appears to me (correct me if I'm wrong someone) that all of abill_uk's posts have been removed.

This is like rewriting history. Abill_uk has become an unperson, probably at his own request. Maybe there is now a secret sanitization committee, purifying this site to protect us from anything too coarse? Big Brother is alive and well!

Closed Thread

Tags
brain damage, chuckisoutofbag, chuckwashere, context, moderation, off topic, policy, questions, why is he back?, why is who back