Notices

Posts: 476 | Thanked: 438 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
Here you got Swedish corrections I think I did all
Attached Files
File Type: zip openmediaplayer_Swedish2.zip (5.7 KB, 85 views)

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Was waiting for somebody to start on a russian one, since i don't have that much time. I'll do it, but probably not as fast as i wanted to. If some russian wants to help me, go ahead and pm me!

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
I'm working on the Hungarian translation, still a bit rough around the edges, will be ready soon

The Following User Says Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
I corrected many mistakes of the French translation. Now, it's cleaner and closer to the original player.

I strongly suggest to update it with the attached file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip lang_openmediaplayer.fr.ts.2.zip (5.8 KB, 71 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mirandir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Romania
alfred, it take me 2 hours to do the translation in roumanian.
there are not too many things to translate.

EDIT: when is planned the next update, and it will come with some other upgrades than languages?

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Malaysia
@gidzzz,, is there a way to make OMP read the sound file only rather than the whole MyDocs? to avoid the test sounds from Sygic and some other games' sounds moved from the system to MyDocs.

Originally Posted by imacmillan View Post
When you have an unknown album by an unknown artist the player screws up.
I tried to reproduce it, but haven't noticed anything unusual. Maybe there's something more to it than just having empty tags?

Originally Posted by ioncelmare View Post
when is planned the next update, and it will come with some other upgrades than languages?
Just now. It was a very busy week for me, so the changelog doesn't look spectacular:
  • Fixed crashes on mime_open (opening files from a file browser should work now).
  • Fixed some untranslatable strings.
  • Updated translations: Spanish (thanks to Zentenario), French (thanks to mirandir).
  • New translation: Romanian by ioncelmare.
  • Restoring default album art supports embedded images.

If you want to test the first thing from the changelog, edit "/usr/share/dbus-1/services/com.nokia.mediaplayer.service" as root, so the line:
Code:
Exec=/usr/bin/mediaplayer
becomes:
Code:
Exec=/usr/bin/openmediaplayer
This will replace the stock player until you edit the file back.

Regarding translations, I've noticed that "%n clip(s) added to now playing" is often misinterpreted as "%n video(s) added to now playing". In reality, "clips" in that phrase are "audio clips", so I've got a request for translators to check for that mistake and send me corrections (that's just about 2 lines, so preferably PM me them or paste into this thread.

Also keep an eye out for phrases that are too wide to fit their space, it's possible to split them into two lines in most cases. This solution sometimes can cause a few pixels of the text to be invisible, but I'll be looking for a way to make the font smaller (the only solutions I came up with would be a mess or require reimplementing some low-level Qt stuff, so I don't know when it's going to be fixed).

Originally Posted by K9999 View Post
@gidzzz,, is there a way to make OMP read the sound file only rather than the whole MyDocs?
Not in OMP itself, but it uses Tracker's database, so you can configure WatchDirectoryRoots and NoWatchDirectory options in "/home/user/.config/tracker/tracker.cfg" to include or blacklist directories.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
gidzzz will you include playlist creation "from folder" ???

another thing.... portrait mode: consider putting previous, play/pause, next buttons between album art, and slider, aaaaaaaaaaaand put all 3 buttons (repeat, shuffle, and currently missing volume button) down....
and when tap on album art, to show now playing playlist, let ALL buttons hide (doesn't need, when tap is for play...)

just consider that possibility, much more finger-friendly
thx!

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Attached is a dutch translation file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip openmediaplayer.nl.ts.zip (6.2 KB, 77 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
Regarding translations, I've noticed that "%n clip(s) added to now playing" is often misinterpreted as "%n video(s) added to now playing". In reality, "clips" in that phrase are "audio clips", so I've got a request for translators to check for that mistake and send me corrections (that's just about 2 lines, so preferably PM me them or paste into this thread.
You are right, i did this mistake.

I attached the new translation here, it seems i can't send private message (???).
Attached Files
File Type: zip lang_openmediaplayer.fr.ts.3.zip (5.8 KB, 83 views)

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse